SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
If they are the same as on a Viper, and I believe they are, Sean Roe of Roe Racing can fix you up. There are probably many others, too.

·
Registered
301 Posts
02 Sims?

OK. I'm new at this. I might be a little bit slooow. What are you talking about reference 02 Sims? :confused: Thanks for setting me straight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Droopy,

I chopped my cats off.. In order for the computer not to receiver a code (since I took away the two O2 sesnors before the second set of cats, I have to plug something in the SIMulates the O2 senors to the PCM... Those are O2 sims! ;)

Clear as mud, right?

Ed

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
EdwardETraylorIII said:
Droopy,

I chopped my cats off.. In order for the computer not to receiver a code (since I took away the two O2 sesnors before the second set of cats, I have to plug something in the SIMulates the O2 senors to the PCM... Those are O2 sims! ;)

Clear as mud, right?

Ed
YEAH, see my post on Boomer's truck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
What do O2 sims look like? Where do they plug into? Can the O2 sensors be removed without cutting the wires like on Boomer's truck?

·
Registered
650 Posts
We have 2 modified Rams in the shop that are running without cats and have yet to turn on the check engine light. As far as I have seen, sims dont seem to be necessary so far. What about any of you who have deleted the cats?

·
Registered
220 Posts
John Hennessey said:
We have 2 modified Rams in the shop that are running without cats and have yet to turn on the check engine light. As far as I have seen, sims dont seem to be necessary so far. What about any of you who have deleted the cats?
John,
Is the O2 sensors still pluged into the exhaust system or did you cut them off? If you did cut them off, what did you do with the wires?

·
Registered
974 Posts
I would think you would want to leave the 02 sensors. Remove both cats and leave the sensors for the PCM.. Correct me if I am wrong, the 02 sensors tell the PCM to lean or richen the engine by sampling the exhaust gases.. Or does our motor use a mass flow sensor??

·
Registered
829 Posts
The front O2's are for the PCM to adjust the AF but the rear O2's are supposed to monitor the cats. From the sound of things the rear O2's aren't doing too much anyway? Our engines do not use mass air flow sensors, they are just speed density.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Do you notice a increase in performance when you take off the cats.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts