SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to how much everyone is paying for oil changes at the dealership. I got one at a dealership in San Antonio for $65, but have been quoted in Houston $100. They were both 5 Star dealerships.

Thanks for any input.

Brady

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bortego, I ahd mine done 2 weeks ago and it came to 99.50. You should have heard my old man when I told him I had a hundred dollar oil change. He's 84 and still thinks in depression era pricing. :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Most will be around $100 with the amount of oil needed and the fact that it is synthetic. Check what they used , as I had one customer who got his oil changed for around $60, only to find out later they did not use Mobil 1 - in fact they used conventional Pennzoil 10w30.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah because of the huge price difference, I checked mine too. At least on the receipt, it says they used Mobil1 synthetic and the right filter. I even checked the parts numbers at a different dealership just to confirm that I was not being hosed.

italian1nj, I am not even gonna tell my old man the price as he would pay a bunch of holagans $100 to give me an a$$ whooping. Then he would taunt me saying that he got the better deal.

Thanks for y'alls' responses.

·
Registered
272 Posts
how often should theoil be changed..

Ive been changing mine very 3000 miles , but someone said synthetic oil can go 9000 miles without a change, that true?

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
I'll be doing it myself cuz I'm a cheap-azz. :p

As of now I have six 5 quart bottles of Mobil 1 in the attic - all for this truck.

Also have at least that many 15w20 Mobil 1 for my Syclone.

I stock up if I see it on sale.

Gotta get some oil filters though - Anyone know the part# on these off hand?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I usually buy my Mobil 1 at Napa and get it changed at the Ford place for about $11 haha.

·
Registered
30 Posts
mopar oil filter part #

Had my local dealer bring in a couple for me....mopar part #05281090.This part number is specific to the SRT-10. Dealer compared it with viper filter(in stock, but different part #) Was told the ONLY difference between the two is that the viper filter comes packaged in a cardboard box....otherwise exactly the same. I get my Mobil 1 at Costco, for about $25 a 6 pack. Hope that helps

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
BigDodgeInAlaska said:
It cost $125.00 in Alaska.... Next time I will bring my own oil.... Should save $40 or so. Hey Maui, I am sure you will see the same prices there.

Just passed 550 miles so I am gonna change the oil. Dont think I will take it to the dealer. Took my hemi there last year for its first oil change and after I left I noticed on the receipt it said 5 quarts. Now the hemi takes 7. So I get home and check it, and sure enough I had to add two more....what a bunch of dummies. So I will be going to Costco on Sat. to buy lots of mobil 1. Can we use a filter from Napa or some other auto parts store? Anybody know? Dont really want to go buy it from the dealer, I can only imagine what they will charge me.

Alaska

yeah they always screw the last two states. Prices are always higher for us, pizza, oil changes everything. What are you paying for premium gas? I just filled up for $2.84 a gallon.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Maui- i've been going to kauai since i was 24 " long, and i know what you mean about the prices over there. My folks have a couple of houses there and have basically handed one of them down to us to keep it in the family name. and i'm wondering if you are going to get bored driving that thing around the same few miles.... forever. NO freeway onramps, no 1/4 drag strip and it is definetely not made for sugarcane feilds and sand.
Just wondering-
Gas here in beautiful north county san diego is ballpark 2.30 for premium,
thankm god the work truck takes reg. ,and a fill up was still 70 bucks yesterday-

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
Alaska

yeah they always screw the last two states. Prices are always higher for us, pizza, oil changes everything. What are you paying for premium gas? I just filled up for $2.84 a gallon.
Gas prices really fluctuate around here, right now it's not bad $2.25 for prem. Still puts you over $50.00 a tank though..... I was in Hawaii in May right after I picked up my SRT-10, I happened to see the 3 that were for sale over there. I couldn't believe the prices..... That's why that dodge dealership was still sitting on them. They even had one parked on there used lot trying to sell it.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Trev

Actually we do have a drag strip which operates every third weekend during the season, which I think is about 9 or 10 months long. I definatly will take my hotrod there but not until I have at least 1k on her. I also need some seat time with that pesky third shift. When your driving normal its goes in perfect, but at 4500+ rpms, engine howling, adrenaline pumping, my shift hand goes dumb on me!!!! LOL Sometimes I do get tired of the same old roads but then I just drive over to the other side of the island and it feels all new. You gotta drive something so I might as well have the coolest vehicle out there. Yeah freeways would be awesome but at least I do have quite the view.

I shipped my srt10 in from Neb. because the local dealers wanted to cornhole me with their way overboard pricing 59k, no thanks!!! Everything is expensive here but you get use to it. I would hate to have to move a family here from the mainland. Medium home price is now over 700k. You could be making 150k a year and still be a brokedick. I knew a guy in that situation and he was forced to move back to SC. 100k+ a year and he was broke.

Oil changes yes I will be going to Costco.

patrick

·
Registered
974 Posts
BigDodgeInAlaska said:
Gas prices really fluctuate around here, right now it's not bad $2.25 for prem. Still puts you over $50.00 a tank though..... I was in Hawaii in May right after I picked up my SRT-10, I happened to see the 3 that were for sale over there. I couldn't believe the prices..... That's why that dodge dealership was still sitting on them. They even had one parked on there used lot trying to sell it.
Wazzup man I use to live in anchorage alaska.. small world :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
bortego said:
Just curious as to how much everyone is paying for oil changes at the dealership. I got one at a dealership in San Antonio for $65, but have been quoted in Houston $100. They were both 5 Star dealerships.

Thanks for any input.

Brady
If you do it yourself, here is the cost:

K&N Oil Filter P2004: $ 9.95
Mobil One 10-30Wt Syn Oil: 4.95 x 8 = $ 44.60
--------------------------------------
TOTAL: $ 54.55

Then add the gas to take the used oil to PepBoys or some other automotive drop off store. Add the time to change the oil.

So is the 100.00 dollar oil change worth it?

The dealership will add any additional fluids, check the TSB, and so forth.

·
Registered
189 Posts
hemidakota said:
If you do it yourself, here is the cost:

K&N Oil Filter P2004: $ 9.95
Mobil One 10-30Wt Syn Oil: 4.95 x 8 = $ 44.60
--------------------------------------
TOTAL: $ 54.55

Then add the gas to take the used oil to PepBoys or some other automotive drop off store. Add the time to change the oil.

The dealership will add any additional fluids, check the TSB, and so forth.
my dealer quoted me 60 dollars for a synthetic change. they said they go to wal mart and buy the oil, then come change it for me, and its only 60 bucks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Now that is better price. The reason behind that you need 8-QT is the filter will absorb the extra 1/2 qt.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hemidakota said:

Negative Ghostrider.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just got a coupon from the dealer with my vin on it offering me an oil change for $24.95 for a 10cyl truck.

Think they will honor it? I doubt it but Stay tuned I will find out in about 600 more miles.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts