SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a picture of the location of the oil filter on the SRT-10 Viper engine ? Do you access it from the top (hood) or from underneath the engine ? My 2005 Owner's Manual does not have any pictures or diagrams on changing the oil, oil filter, or air filter, (but, it has 9 pages on how to change light bulbs - da.) I think MauiSRT/10 asked a similar question a while ago (ref. oil drain plug), but I did not see an answer.

Also, Is anyone using the Purolator PureOne PL14670 oil filter ? It appears to have same relief specs (8 - 16) as the Mopar 5281090 (which is actually a Purolator L14670), but is susposed to be a better quality.

Lastly, is there a Service Manual for the SRT-10 Viper engine ? My 2005 Ram Truck Service Manual # 81-370-05059D has lots of info and diagrams, on the chassis components etc. (including the SRT-10), but nothing on engines. The parts manager at my dealer said that DC sends them all tech info on CD's that are not available to the public.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
oil filter location

KAHOLO

Aloha. Look on the underside of the engine, you can't miss it. It is very accessible and easy to remove. Just did my first oil change last week and it was a breeze - a lot easier than on my Z06 Corvette!

Scott Ross :D
Billings, MT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Kaholo said:
Lastly, is there a Service Manual for the SRT-10 Viper engine ? My 2005 Ram Truck Service Manual # 81-370-05059D has lots of info and diagrams, on the chassis components etc. (including the SRT-10), but nothing on engines. The parts manager at my dealer said that DC sends them all tech info on CD's that are not available to the public.
I have the SRT10 RAM Viper Service Manual on CD-ROM. PM me if you want a copy, I'll make an ISO and put it on the web for you to download.

Craig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,025 Posts
Kaholo said:
Does anyone have a picture of the location of the oil filter on the SRT-10 Viper engine ? Do you access it from the top (hood) or from underneath the engine ? My 2005 Owner's Manual does not have any pictures or diagrams on changing the oil, oil filter, or air filter, (but, it has 9 pages on how to change light bulbs - da.) I think MauiSRT/10 asked a similar question a while ago (ref. oil drain plug), but I did not see an answer.

Also, Is anyone using the Purolator PureOne PL14670 oil filter ? It appears to have same relief specs (8 - 16) as the Mopar 5281090 (which is actually a Purolator L14670), but is susposed to be a better quality.

Lastly, is there a Service Manual for the SRT-10 Viper engine ? My 2005 Ram Truck Service Manual # 81-370-05059D has lots of info and diagrams, on the chassis components etc. (including the SRT-10), but nothing on engines. The parts manager at my dealer said that DC sends them all tech info on CD's that are not available to the public.

Kaholo

I just back rolled the srt up on some ramps climbed under it and its right there. Very easy to get to. In fact it was the easiest oil change I have ever done. Got the oil from Walmart in two 5 quart jugs. Seems to be the best deal on Maui. Bill P suggested a Napa gold oil filter.

patrick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,803 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
I have the SRT10 RAM Viper Service Manual on CD-ROM. PM me if you want a copy, I'll make an ISO and put it on the web for you to download.

Craig
craig, If I could get a copy I'd appreciate it. BTW I tried to pm you your box is full! Its tough to be popular! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Milo55 said:
craig, If I could get a copy I'd appreciate it. BTW I tried to pm you your box is full! Its tough to be popular! :D
10-4. I'll post the URL in the morning so everyone can download it.

Craig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,803 Posts
Thanks Craig! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Craig, Sent you a PM also, Hope you received it. Mahalo again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To everyone that responded to Oil Filter Location - Thank you - you guys are great.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top