SRT10 Forum banner

Oil Pressure?

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  iahemiram 
#1 ·
My oil pressure gage is at 75 psi. I have 650 miles on the truck, my oil level is normal, and it has been at the regular 50 psi. what is the deal with that. Is it a normal occurance with low mileage or should I have it checked out :confused:

#3 ·
when I was driving it home I noticed it was at 75 psi. Then the next day I seen it had droped to 50 psi for about 20 miles and now it is holding steady at 75.

#5 ·
I have not noticed any flucuation since the time I posted the issue. Maybe it had something to do with braking it in.

#6 ·
iahemiram said:
Jimmy...
Is your oil pressure still fluctuating? I noticed mine at 75 and 50 within a matter of minutes. Whenever the truck idles it drops to 50, but when on the move, it is at 75...
That's pretty normal after the truck is warmed up. 50 psig is plenty for idle. The old rule of thumb is 10 psig/1000 rpm. That's kinda low for my tastes but we have it beat by a mile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.