SRT10 Forum banner

Ok..found wheels!

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  stinker 
#1 ·
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to order one of these wheels next week.

http://www.bozeforged.com/wheels.htm The Stixx Euro.

The truck goes in the next week or two to have the motor out, replace bearing, forged piston upgrade, and get the new wheels on it.

The magnaflow will be here this week but I'll probably wait to put it on till I get the headers from Mofo. I need them all because I want to set up the stock cats with bolt on flanges and have a straight pipe with the same so I can swap them out on the fly.

I'm going to try and do a dyno pull before the mods start.

The plan is to put a Paxton in over the winter and be ready to rock and roll by spring!

#2 ·
The Stixx Euro are my favorite too.What kind of $$ if you don`t mind me asking.Can you get the 13.5 on the back. :)

#4 · (Edited)
"Paxton in over the winter"

womsterr said:
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to order one of these wheels next week.

http://www.bozeforged.com/wheels.htm The Stixx Euro.

The truck goes in the next week or two to have the motor out, replace bearing, forged piston upgrade, and get the new wheels on it.

The magnaflow will be here this week but I'll probably wait to put it on till I get the headers from Mofo. I need them all because I want to set up the stock cats with bolt on flanges and have a straight pipe with the same so I can swap them out on the fly.

I'm going to try and do a dyno pull before the mods start.

The plan is to put a Paxton in over the winter and be ready to rock and roll by spring!
:cool: How about the 2nd. week in Nov. :eek: Hold-up on the BELTS. :mad:

#6 · (Edited)
Less than 25mi. from Paxton

womsterr said:
Quicksilver...huh? Why you know something that I don't???
Don't know where you are? :( Couple of phone calls later I had alittle more information. ;) Paid for the parts in Sept. should have happen in Oct. :mad: Sometimes the wait is a KILLER :mad: They did a couple of SRT-10's that made OVER 600hp to the rear wheels. :D with just Paxton as a mod :eek: Maybe the pic. will help :cool: I keep looking at it :D .(polished & satin finish)

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
"Clutch Issue"

womsterr said:
Check out this post on the VCA board.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/sh...=460597&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

782 hp AT THE WHEELS. I spoke with DLM and they upgrade the fuel pump and computer.

Trouble is we need a proper clutch solution before then...
:rolleyes: I don't know? All I do know is that only about :confused: 1/3 of us are having problems :( the rest of us are beating the crap :eek: out of them :D and can't seem to be able to hurt :( them........YET ;) 3600mi.
J.J;-D

#11 ·
No word on the weight of the wheels just yet. I am ordering Monday (hopefully). They are supposed to spun forged billet so I'm guessing *and hoping* they are lighter than the stockers in the five spoke configuration.

I'll let you know what I find out.

I'm pretty sure the boys at Underground racing told me that they already have a twin disk Mcleod clutch in a twin turbo SRT Ram they built. They told me its a super sweet setup with no chatter and only a slightly stiffer action.

Is there any difference between the PP, clutch, tranny from the SRT Vipers and the SRT Rams? If no, wouldn't the clutch they already have available work? Seems like I still have homework to do...

#13 ·
Well the boys at Boze are cutting my wheels as we speak. The weight is going to be around 40 lbs per wheel. Anyone know how that compares to stock weight?

I got set up as a dealer with them at the same time so if anyone wants to purchase a set I can get you the deep deep discount. About $750 a wheel for forged billet.

#14 ·
Sounds good.I think I am getting two new wheels replaced under warranty due to the clear coat issue.If I do ,I am thinking about selling them and getting aftermarket rims.It will take a week or so for the approval process according to the dealer.

The stock rims BTW weigh 65 #.

#15 ·
Wow thats going to be more of a weight reduction that I had originally thought. I spoke with one of the owners. They seem like a really good bunch of guys who are eager to compete for the SRT market. These were the lightest and best bargin I could find. Most forged wheels in a 22 inch model were nearly double! I can't wait to get them!!! They "putting a rush" on them...

#16 ·
Roktman said:
The stock rims BTW weigh 65 #.
I don't doubt you but I'm curious how you know the wheel weight. The wheel/tire together weigh 78# and Pirelli says the "ship weight of the Scorpion Zero 305/40ZR/22 is 41#". Unless these tires ship in wooden crates the numbers don't add up. The only number I can confirm is the 78# total weight that I did myself. Maybe you have the wheel/tire seperated for warrany issues and can confirm both.

Thanks,
Steve

#17 ·
No Steve,I heard on the forum that the wheel weight is 65 # and the tires are 20#.Are you saying you weighed the wheels @ 78 # or the wheels and tires @ 78#? If you actually weighed them I`m going with your #`s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.