SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, little background on me as this is my 1st post here. My name is Todd. Im 27. I make things go fast. :D

My current vehicle is a 04 Chevy Silverado reg cab short bed 2wd 5.3v8.
Mods:
Airaid Intake, Gibson Shorty headers & Gibson catback. Radix intercooled MagnaCharger.

Its a bit heavy for a rcsb chevy ( 4830lbs with 1/4 tank of gas and me in it) body kit, hood, 22"wheels, Baer alumasport brakes, stereo etc etc.

Here she is...

Last week on a very non-aggressive tune I put down 400/412 heres the graph...

Considering this truck does 230 rwhp stock...im pretty happy.

Ok, now that all the specifics are out of the way heres my SRT10 story (dont mind the specific street names and such, i posted this locally as well...

Sitting at Bell/FLW heading east, I noticed a SRT-10 (viper ram) turning to also go east on Bell. Needless to say Im about jumping out of my skin for a chance to race this truck. Im stuck at the light, and he gets out a head of me a 1/2 mile or so. I make up that time quick I catch him right before those ghey photo radars out by the Toyota dealership. Anyway he knew I was coming after him and after the lights stayed slow and downshifted a couple times. I put it in 2nd going about 40 gave it a rev to make sure he was ready and he did the same. We both nailed it exactly the same. THIS WAS A GREAT RACE! Side by side screaming down FLW. My charger, and his beastly exhaust. Both of us had passengers. from the hit I pulled maybe a 1/4 truck (at my door) and we ran that way from 40-110 where he started pulling a bit (damn 4.10s & 6spd). By 130ish he had a truck length on me. As we stopped at the next light we chatted...cool guy. He had some exhaust work done, but other than that it was stock. IOh well. Anyway, him and a buddy both have one and live in the area near where they held the GoodGuys truck show. Be on the look out...its a bad ass machine.

After some searching of forums im getting bonestock times of [email protected] to [email protected] this true srt10forum guys??Couple guys with intake & exhaust have done mid 12s.

Im happy with the results. Just makes me that much more anxious to get started on my new mods.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Nice Lookin' Truck! :cool:

The stock 1/4 mile ET's seem to be all over the place with these trucks - From high 12's to 14's, depending on driver and track conditions.

I have yet to run mine, but it feels every bit as strong as the '99 Lightning I used to own, which ran 13.20's at ~103 (Couple bolt-ons). IMO, getting it off the line will be the tricky part, but otherwise I think I can smash 3 gears down the strip.:D I will say that, for me, the 6 speed makes this truck much more enjoyable to drive than my Lightning, but again that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sweet Chevy

I was also a lifelong GM guy till Dodge passed them by. They are 10yrs. behind & losing ground & customers by the droves! Nice truck anyway!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Truck looks Mean, Looks like you did a sweet job all around, I wish more could back up thier looks.
Have you gotten any 1/4 times with it??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
D Davis said:
Truck looks Mean, Looks like you did a sweet job all around, I wish more could back up thier looks.
Have you gotten any 1/4 times with it??
current best on my 22s was a [email protected] 2.0 60 ft I have since replaced the tranny and played with the computer a bit. Next time out it should be on 18" drag radials, and have a small cam. Im hoping for mid 12s

·
Registered
621 Posts
That is a great looking truck!!! You did a killer job on it! Welcome to the forum, glad you met one of the friendlies!! Sounds like it was a good race.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Great looking truck Todd.....probably the best looking chevy I have seen....

welcome to our home!!!

patrick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts