SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sharing some plans in the coming weeks.

Now that shes running like a champ I ordered some goodies this week. I got boomers lowering kit and shifter. The 2-3 shift under power was driving me nuts.

I also got a Checkerpro top and bedrug. In the next week or two once I have the top dry fitted she is going in for some paint work. The front valence was banged up so I'm just replacing it with a new one and while we're mixing paint I'm painting the door handles, tailgate handle, sideview mirrors and front airvent(between the windsheild and the hood).

Looking forward to finishing! I've been so busy with work lately no telling how long even this will take me.

I'll post some pics once I'm done!

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Sounds good.....go to MGM.com and order some of those goodies. radio knob, license plate frame and billetcreations.com and get the billet seat adjusters....they really finish off the inside over those nasty plastic ones.

Since adding the checkerpro cover, everytime I look at my truck now, it really looks "finished".....I hated trying to keep the bed clean!

patrick

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx guys. Funny you say that maui. I swiped the billet seat levers from billet creations off my Hemi before I sold it. For those that don't have them they are a must. VERY COOL. http://www.billetcreations.com/images/600_DCP_0950.JPG

I spoke with Bob at Billet Creations and I'm still waiting for the SRT-10 door inserts to get rid of those ugly reflectors. I'm also waiting on billet ac knobs. The laramie ones in SRT and different than the slt models. I told him this website will shoot a bunch of biz his way when they are available.

Can someone post the MGW website? That one doesn't work...

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
womsterr said:
Now that shes running like a champ I ordered some goodies this week. I got boomers shifter. The 2-3 shift under power was driving me nuts.

I'll post some pics once I'm done!
Any more info on this shifter? Like $$$ and anything else you can tell us - Thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
107 Posts
The chrome ac knobs from MGW that fit my 05 Viper also fit the 05 Ram SRT10.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Forgot also got the bad asp Fang chrome trailer hitch from MGW

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hammerhead - Boomers shifter is a modified B&M Ripper shifter. You'll have to PM him for pricing and availablility. The shifter is really a weak point in my truck.

http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17312&postcount=49

Definately gonna get a hitch and that hitch cover on my baby. I like the MGW AC knob covers but not as much as the replacment ones from Bill Creations. I think they look a little cleaner.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea he can keep the stock knob or go with something aftermarket. On top of that he is very nice guy to deal with.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
the shifter is a B&M, or least the base is, B&M makes the centering springs assembley hold position over 3rd, no missed shifts, no accidental downshifts into first, or gear grinding while the guy you are racing passes you while you look for 3rd gear!
i have had one in my truck for a year, & my freind Charlie has a vca ram, and he helped me do some R&D to massage to make it even better.
i rework the internals with a new shift arm, & change the pivot point for better leverage which results in a shorter throw~30 percent. then the shift lever is a complete billet assmembly we make that also increases leverage,comfort, & has that badass F1 look to it. it is what these trucks should have from the factory, but then they would cost even more than they did! we use Titainium hardware & this shifter will your second favorite thing to wrap your hand around!

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Thanks for that info BOOMER!

Would you have any pics of it installed in the truck?

If the shifter is shorter, any clearance problems with the seat when smashing, err, I mean shifting, to 2nd gear? :D How about 3rd gear and the dashboard? (Damn that hurts! :eek: )

I admit, I am growing tired of searching for 3rd and hoping to find it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts