SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have heard different opinions on this...Some say it will depreciate the value if I lay some paint on the truck.

Any opinions on this would be appreciated on this

I did see a truck whith the Viper snake on the tailgate and it looks very nice.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The thing I love most about this truck is it is different. It is already unique so anything you do to it only makes it moreso. I put ghost flames on mine and get nothing but compliments. To paraphrase an old song "It's your truck do want you want".

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
italian1nj said:
To paraphrase an old song "It's your truck do want you want".
Agreed. It's your truck - do what you want. Hell, for all I care you can put 'HEMI' badges on it! :p :D

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
italian1nj said:
The thing I love most about this truck is it is different. It is already unique so anything you do to it only makes it moreso. I put ghost flames on mine and get nothing but compliments. To paraphrase an old song "It's your truck do want you want".
What color is your truck? If it is silver could you/would you please post some pictures of it. Hey post the pictures of your truck no matter what color. I would really like to see. Thanks Jack

·
Registered
189 Posts
as long as it looks good i would say go for it. If you are going to paint it some flower power color, i might have to kick you in the shins

i want to paint my quad cab hemi the EXACT scheme as the Kenne Bell truck

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was thinking of Ghosting it also...saw a pic of one and it's awesome. Just been kicking around some ideas on layout.
Thanks all for the info.

·
Registered
974 Posts
CNTW84U said:
Any Pic's?
Ditto man post some pic's. I am looking at putting the GTS viper stripes on mine
black paint with candy apple red stripes from the front bumper to the rear bumper with a shell over the bed painted also. I'll post some pics when I get it done..

·
Registered
31 Posts
gonna paint mine(when i get the damn thing) with the charcoal color as a base and put black racing stripes. i saw that combo on the new saleen mustang and boy let me tell you, in person, it looks beyond BADAZZ :eek: :D

"...Rule #1: Never leave a fellow crasher behind..."

·
Registered
280 Posts
meh it's not really a collectors item, paint it how ever you want. As "limited" as the production is on them I really doubt they will see any major value over msrp. So do as you wish but don't plan on getting/keeping any major value out of it

·
Registered
967 Posts
Unless, of course, you have a Yellow Fever or Commemorative.

Even the non-special-editions will be collectors items at some point. Just ask those 66-71 guys who bought Hemi cars how many times they were told their cars aren't special...

·
Registered
280 Posts
DenOfThievz said:
Just ask those 66-71 guys who bought Hemi cars how many times they were told their cars aren't special...

And just run a tally of how many "hemi" all ci in total were produced in that period of time. Remember only the E-body are pulling the CRAZY $$$$ figures, which would be the 97 B/W GTS and GT2 vipers of today.

good luck but IMO the viper trucks aren't investment worthy.

·
Registered
967 Posts
BigPurp said:
ARemember only the E-body are pulling the CRAZY $$$$ figures
Wrong - they all are. Anything left original anyway.

I'm not arguing against paint. I disagree with the "ain't worth anything, ain't gonna be worth anything" opinion...

::Edit::
I too, wouldn't buy one as an investment. But they WILL be worth something down the road if you treat it right. Especially when production stops. Very rarely will you see anything appreciate rapidly when they are still being produced new.
Like any investment, time is your friend. In this case, so is keeping your original parts if you mod. Otherwise, your truck will be like so many of those buthchered 66-71 mopars I made a good living off of selling parts for many years.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Meh idunno... many recent #'s up heim cars have sold for the low 100k range compared to $300k+ for the e-body. Granted even on the low side it's double what the 429 ferds and even copo camaros are going for.

my point being that making a comparison to the LRE they are falling short. If dodge had done it right. Making a blue/white 97 ram with a viper motor it woudl be worth a FORTUNE.. as are the b/w vipers, that in 97 street trim are pulling more $$$ than the 04' cars.

but thats just imo, stick it out 30 yrs and please prove me wrong.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
These are the going rates for some of the non-E body Hemis:

'69 Hemi Coronet R/T - $123,500
'67 Hemi Coronet Survivor appraised @ $75,000
'70 Hemi Superbird - $250,000+
'68 Hemi Roadrunner - $120,000
'64 Hemi Belvedere - $100,000
'67 Hemi Satellite Conv. - $70,000
'66 Hemi Satellite - $80,000
'70 Hemi roadrunner - $143,000
'69 Hemi Roadrunner - $130,000
'66 Hemi Satellite - $95,000
'71 Hemi Roadrunner (clone) - $70,000

Most of these sold in the $4-5K range new. There's no crystal ball to know what will be collectable in the future but these trucks have a lot of the features that make vehicles collectable, IMO.

That said, as long as you're making the payments do what makes you happy. I like ghost flames. I'm modifying mine but because I'm in the car restoration and restification business and spend a lot of time looking for and fixing original parts, I'm keeping all the stock SRT parts I take off.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Just a thought! Since the 06 will have a different body style, do you think this will help the 04-05 models by making them a little more unique? Such as the F-body?

·
Registered
967 Posts
BigPurp said:
but thats just imo, stick it out 30 yrs and please prove me wrong.
You are doing a fine enough job already with your contradictions, thank you!

I already intend to hang onto mine. You hang onto your Dakota too, eh? Wouldn't want you to get a Viper Truck and lose your shirt...

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
DenOfThievz said:
You are doing a fine enough job already with your contradictions, thank you!

I already intend to hang onto mine. You hang onto your Dakota too, eh? Wouldn't want you to get a Viper Truck and lose your shirt...
:D ............. :D

Good advice DOT. :p :D

·
Registered
967 Posts
Marc T said:
Just a thought! Since the 06 will have a different body style, do you think this will help the 04-05 models by making them a little more unique? Such as the F-body?
Yes - I think so. But that is nothing more than a guess at this point.

Also - if the current sales situation causes Daimler-Chrysler to pull Viper truck production entirely after 2006, that would obviously assist the overall values too.

The reason I suggest a possible end to production is because right now there is FIERCE competition in the auto industry with employee pricing, deep discounts, etc. Despite all this, the Viper trucks are rumored to not be selling very well. If true, this is most likely due to consumer negativity based upon the current gas situation, and its potential effects on the economic future. Now throw in a few natural disasters to heighten the gas situation, and you've got a good dose of serious economic worry.

I wouldn't bet much on this truck being around much longer IF the sales rumors are true. Could be another case of "Right truck, wrong time", but then maybe not.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
DenOfThievz said:
Yes - I think so. But that is nothing more than a guess at this point.

Also - if the current sales situation causes Daimler-Chrysler to pull Viper truck production entirely after 2006, that would obviously assist the overall values too.

The reason I suggest a possible end to production is because right now there is FIERCE competition in the auto industry with employee pricing, deep discounts, etc. Despite all this, the Viper trucks are rumored to not be selling very well. If true, this is most likely due to consumer negativity based upon the current gas situation, and its potential effects on the economic future. Now throw in a few natural disasters to heighten the gas situation, and you've got a good dose of serious economic worry.

I wouldn't bet much on this truck being around much longer IF the sales rumors are true. Could be another case of "Right truck, wrong time", but then maybe not.
Makes alot of sense!! We shall see!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts