SRT10 Forum banner

Part # for Borla

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  SRT QC 
#1 ·
All I can find is part #140111 for a borla catback,fits 04 regular cab. Looking for part # for quad cab. Thanks, :D

#3 ·
same question here, I would love some feedback on the Borla ;)

#6 ·
Borla

Contacted David today the 140111 is for the regular cab,nothing for the quad.They are looking for a quad to tool up. :D

#7 ·
Listen! Listen! People Please Read Slowly!

Guys I'm telling, you , please listen carefully '' THE MAGNAFLOW UNIT FOR A 04 RC WILL BOLT RIGHT UP TO THE 05 QUAD CAB WITH NO MODIFICATIONS AND GETS RID OF THE RESONATOR'' I really can't make it much plainer, just search for the post from John H. he installed the magnaflow onto an 05 QC, if they are going to do retooling for an 05 they have some pretty dumb people working for them if they don't check the systems. And of course you can probably get a system for and 04 RC cheaper since they have been out for awhile, over the NEW price they will get for the NEW QC. I tried to easily give ya"ll a hint but I guess Ya'll were watching Britney or something. ;) There is no reason why the Borla should be any different.

#10 ·
I had a bright idea...I crawed under the QC and looked. I noticed that from the cats back the conection to the rear system is directly behind front seats so I imagine that hits in the same place on the RC (rear of cab). So I can easily see how the 04 RC sytems will work on our QC's.

#11 ·
I tell you what I did I pulled my RC up besides Joannes QCsrt measured, looked, took andother sip, yep,from my gander the same, as a matter of fact I'm fixin to go out now and take from the muffler back off the QC since it has a resonator and is very quiet, and put the tailpipes from my RC on it for now because she says the QC sound like a UPS truck its so quiet, now I wont be able to tell you how it came out because by then I will have passed out under the truck at the last turn of the wrench........... stretch the bed....... and I thought I was drinking!lolol Just kidding now dont get grumpy! :D

#13 ·
As a matter of fact if you had the two close together you can see from the manifolds down to the cats are identical, THEN they have taken a piece of pipe and made a spacer to the muffler back. SO the cat back system for a RC will work on a QC and from the manifolds to the cats are identical looking also.........................goodnight sweet prince, I have but yet to gaze thru the brown bottom of the glass............. :D

#15 ·
Ok pics will come tommorrow, jsut got dun, it seams allthey don is put a spacer, ltes see how to put this, if you look at our manifolds follow it doen to where the cats are, ours from there fgoes into the mffler, on the quad they put a 2 or so foot spacer then into muffler and out, all i don was from the muffler out the QC has a resonater, I took that peice from where I replaced mine on the RC and put it in place basically just getting rid of the resonator, now it sounds at least betttttter, dang the mmore bottles the wurs my spelling!lol :p

#16 ·
Here you naysayers go the pics you wanted. All they done was put a piece of pipe as a spacer in front of the cat back system to reach the convertors. What I did on Joannes QC was remove the resonator for now and replaced it with the pipes from my rc.Makes the QC sound alot better, or at least sporty, either way mommas happy! :p

Attachments

#17 ·
Innovation is the key, Looks good Stinker! that is the Borla correct? ;)

#19 ·
correct the stock section is on the ground that is what i took off, i replaced it with the same section from the RC that has no resonator. Just a tad more sound till she gets a new cat back. But the actual point of the pics and so on is that the only thing different from the RC to the QC exhaust wise is that small 2 or so ft section of pipe to take up for the extra length of the QC, so the point in this is whether you order Band B, borla, magnaflow,gibson, whatever you decide, if you get it for the 04 rc or 05 rc it should work fine on the QC as long as it is the cat back system.

#20 ·
Now that i understand why you took those specific pictures, it makes so much more sense. :) Its actually pretty simple..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.