SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I couldn’t find a whole lot of recent posts on how these trucks have faired the test of time w a paxton kit and an otherwise stock setup. Motor has about 55k on it and 5k on the clutch. I assume the clutch will go before all else but hoping some of you seasoned FI owners could weigh in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
appreciate it. That’s reassuring. The motors do seem to last a long time, I see many of these trucks with 120k+ miles but I also read that boosting is opening a can of worms.

they just seem so strong.

what did you do for your engine internals? You mentioned stock bottom end. I couldnt gather it from your profile. Thanks!

·
Registered
05 RC YF Paxton / 05 QC NA
83 Posts
appreciate it. That’s reassuring. The motors do seem to last a long time, I see many of these trucks with 120k+ miles but I also read that boosting is opening a can of worms.

they just seem so strong.

what did you do for your engine internals? You mentioned stock bottom end. I couldnt gather it from your profile. Thanks!
Upgraded pushrods, double springs, slow bleed lifters, head studs, thinner head gaskets.
Stock springs and pushrods are known weak points, even on stock motors.
They respond great to nitrous.
Main tuning problem, especially in the early days was detonation and the ring lands so close to the top of the piston.
If you go paxton, trash can the boost a pump/ecu they provide. Go with an intank pump (Walboro 450 or bigger- at 5k+ rpm mine starts falling off)
and a sct/ hp tuner

·
Registered
05 RC YF Paxton / 05 QC NA
83 Posts
ty for all the deets!

If you were doing it again, would you go Paxton? Seems like roe kits are solid too.

did you just bust a u joint? 🫣😖
Ripped the straps in half after the bolts backed out.
Roe -
Pros - instant torque
Look old sckool kool
Cons - not produced on a regular basis
Cost 2k more

If i had to do it again i would of forged the motor and went straight to procharger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts