SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My November issue of Mopar Muscle has an article on page 64 about installing a Paxton Supercharger on a '00 Viper. It cost about $8K plus labor. The magazine says about 150 hp gain. The way the installation looks it doesn't look like it would fit the Ram application due to the placement of some of the parts used on the front of the engine. Just thought I'd bring it to everybodys attention for those who care. :cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Paxton Supercharge released

The Paxton supercharger for the SRT-10 truck is now available, and in production. I recieved a call from one of their west coast distributors, at my request, re production release...and it is now available, application specific.
Cost is just shy of 7 grand, and is supposedly complete. Intalation time estimed by Paxton to be 18 ti 24 hrs. HP increase 171 to the rear wheels. Call Paxton for further info.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
YAHOO
I am scheduled for installation and have had mine paid for, for a week now. It will be installed by John Horton at WestCoast Viper in Temecula. We are going to play around a little also. I have the equal length stepped headers with merged collecters (Richards Performance Muffler in Vista) and Magnaflow Hi flow cats with a custom made Bassani stainless muffler with an X crossover in the muffler, the rest of the system is the Magnaflow pipes behind the muffler. This system is 3" all the way through. The system is joined with 6 stainless Vband clamps. I have already installed 3 SRT Autometer gauges, Vacuum-boost, air fuel ratio, and fuel pressure. I have also installed an LM1 wide band O2 reader and logger. We are going to dyno before and along the way. The truck has previously dynoed at 443 RWHP (Mustang Dyno) at J&D Performance in Ontario. I have been told that that number equates to 465 HP on a Dynojet. WC Viper has a Dynojet so it will be interesting to see the comparison in person. I am really excited. We are going to try and do "something" with the clutch at the same time. John says he has some ideas. I appreciate all the info that has been posted about clutches on the board. I have not had any slipping or chattering issues. It will not disengage properly when hot, I was going to change out to high temp brake fluid but never did it, as Carlsbad Raceway has closed so there was no close 1/4 strip that was close, and things will most likely get changed anyway.
This will make a great truck even more fun........................................

·
Registered
974 Posts
fstjack said:
YAHOO
I am scheduled for installation and have had mine paid for, for a week now. It will be installed by John Horton at WestCoast Viper in Temecula. We are going to play around a little also. I have the equal length stepped headers with merged collecters (Richards Performance Muffler in Vista) and Magnaflow Hi flow cats with a custom made Bassani stainless muffler with an X crossover in the muffler, the rest of the system is the Magnaflow pipes behind the muffler. This system is 3" all the way through. The system is joined with 6 stainless Vband clamps. I have already installed 3 SRT Autometer gauges, Vacuum-boost, air fuel ratio, and fuel pressure. I have also installed an LM1 wide band O2 reader and logger. We are going to dyno before and along the way. The truck has previously dynoed at 443 RWHP (Mustang Dyno) at J&D Performance in Ontario. I have been told that that number equates to 465 HP on a Dynojet. WC Viper has a Dynojet so it will be interesting to see the comparison in person. I am really excited. We are going to try and do "something" with the clutch at the same time. John says he has some ideas. I appreciate all the info that has been posted about clutches on the board. I have not had any slipping or chattering issues. It will not disengage properly when hot, I was going to change out to high temp brake fluid but never did it, as Carlsbad Raceway has closed so there was no close 1/4 strip that was close, and things will most likely get changed anyway.
This will make a great truck even more fun........................................

Right on!!! You lucky SOB :D Keep us posted, can't wait to see the end result :)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Guys i know this is different but, i have a Paxton supercharger on my 96 Ram that i needed to ask a couple of questions about, and they told me that the company had sold, and that they had no support for the old systems at all. it is starting to look like i won't be able to get parts or tech info at all. this kit was purchased new in 1998, thats not that long ago IMO. just thought i should let you know.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Head ders

Stingray said:
fstjack - You must really be itching for the blower having to look at the vac/boost gauge everyday :D BTW are your headers custom made too?
Yes the headers were custom made at Richards Performance Muffler in Vista, CA. Richard is a real craftsman. I do hate having a boost gauge that does not go to boost. That gauge will show boost very soon as the blower has been ordered and we are just waiting for it to be shipped. But like the man said ALL good things take time.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
begood said:
Guys i know this is different but, i have a Paxton supercharger on my 96 Ram that i needed to ask a couple of questions about, and they told me that the company had sold, and that they had no support for the old systems at all. it is starting to look like i won't be able to get parts or tech info at all. this kit was purchased new in 1998, thats not that long ago IMO. just thought i should let you know.
Yep,same on my old blower on the SS.Went with the ATI prochargr.Paxton acted like they never heard of me.Mine was new in `99.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Roktman said:
Yep,same on my old blower on the SS.Went with the ATI prochargr.Paxton acted like they never heard of me.Mine was new in `99.
FWIW, *I have no personal experience* but, I've read a thread or two over at www.viperclub.org about Paxton SC's, and they weren't overly enthusiastic about them or the service, to say the least.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Paxton

My friendes the Granatelli's sold Paxton (Novi) to Vortec Co. several years ago. Now it is all owned by Vortec. Larry

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Pics

Derek said:
Jack

Do you have pictures of the headers?
I am working on getting the pictures of the headers posted. They are actually taken along with gauges and shift light. It was supposed to happen last night with the help of my 17 yr old daughter. But she did not want to do anything for me after she got grounded. The kid lives in a toilet not a room. My wife says "just shut the door". I just can't do that.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Started

My truck went to WestCoast Viper today, to drop off for the supercharger and a few other performance mods. We dynoed it before the project was started. The motor was very heat soaked for the dyno pull after running up to Temecula at 80-95 MPH in 95 degree heat. It sat for 15 minutes in the sun and went on the dyno. It made 450.17 corrected SAE RWHP and 470.93
corrected SAE FT lbs of RW torque.This is with stepped headers and 3' hiflow cats and 3' Magnaflow exhaust and Bassani muffler. All stock otherwise. We dynoed it stock in April at WestCaost it made 406.15RWHP and 435.98 TWTQ. At that time it was running rich 9.8 to 1. It is still runs very rich even with the headers and exhaust, 11.2 to 1. The motor is coming out Monday and then the fun begins. We are going to see what we can do with the Paxton blower. We are doing a few things to the motor along the way. Like the man says "there is no such thing as too much horsepower................" This project is going to take a while. We have pretty much got a plan and a goal. There is a magazine involved so I cannot say much more at this time. This is the most exciting vehicle project I have ever personally done, boy am I jazzed.............JACK

·
Registered
974 Posts
fstjack said:
My truck went to WestCoast Viper today, to drop off for the supercharger and a few other performance mods. We dynoed it before the project was started. The motor was very heat soaked for the dyno pull after running up to Temecula at 80-95 MPH in 95 degree heat. It sat for 15 minutes in the sun and went on the dyno. It made 450.17 corrected SAE RWHP and 470.93
corrected SAE FT lbs of RW torque.This is with stepped headers and 3' hiflow cats and 3' Magnaflow exhaust and Bassani muffler. All stock otherwise. We dynoed it stock in April at WestCaost it made 406.15RWHP and 435.98 TWTQ. At that time it was running rich 9.8 to 1. It is still runs very rich even with the headers and exhaust, 11.2 to 1. The motor is coming out Monday and then the fun begins. We are going to see what we can do with the Paxton blower. We are doing a few things to the motor along the way. Like the man says "there is no such thing as too much horsepower................" This project is going to take a while. We have pretty much got a plan and a goal. There is a magazine involved so I cannot say much more at this time. This is the most exciting vehicle project I have ever personally done, boy am I jazzed.............JACK

Whooo!!! I am jazzed for ya!! Can't wait to hear and see the results..

·
Registered
974 Posts
Fstjack
any updates?? :D

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Changes

Titan said:
Fstjack
any updates?? :D
We are changing our program to go with twin turbos. The side loads that we would be putting on the crank snout would be prohibative with a supercharger. The twin turbo's have more HP potential. So that is my story and I'm stickin to it. The engine is out of the truck, and we have parts coming. So other than the boost source change, nothing to report..........
More to come................Jack

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
fstjack said:
We are changing our program to go with twin turbos. The side loads that we would be putting on the crank snout would be prohibative with a supercharger. The twin turbo's have more HP potential. So that is my story and I'm stickin to it. The engine is out of the truck, and we have parts coming. So other than the boost source change, nothing to report..........
More to come................Jack
What are you paying for the twin turbos? Same as the supercharger?

Craig

1 - 20 of 24 Posts