SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that I have a second bar code (flash) on my PCM. I just noticed it so it may have been there all along.

However I just had alot of warranty work done on my clutch so I,m wondering if they may have de-tuned the truck thinking I was being to hard on it?

Is there a date on these bar codes to determine when they were downloaded.

If they just recently did this and didn't tell me I will be Pissed!!

It may just be my inatentiveness!

I did have the truck in for the cam bolt recall, was there a computer flash that went with that??

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have 3. They came that way. I asked the head SRT Ram guy about it and he said they were minor tweaks we wouldn't notice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If they are mylar stickers, that is factory updates... and if you have three you likely have a very very low production number... probably the very first batch I'd bet.

When a dealership does a flash update, you get a sticker that will have imprinted blanks, but handwritten part number / dealership number / date of flash.

So... stickers 20 years from now will tell restorers that you've got an early build. For what it's worth...

·
Banned
582 Posts
You Right Roadrunner! 9 Second's Truck Was The First Truck Off The Assembly Line! Mine Has 3 Stickers So Mine Wasn't Far Behind :)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
mine was built in january 04, and has 2 stickers.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
begood said:
mine was built in january 04, and has 2 stickers.
Mine was built November,03 and I have 3 stickers plus the original. I was told byt the SRT guys that the re-flashes were emission related and stuff we would never notice.

·
Registered
220 Posts
9 seconds said:
Mine was built November,03 and I have 3 stickers plus the original. I was told byt the SRT guys that the re-flashes were emission related and stuff we would never notice.
Sure, we would never notice. Did you expect them to say "we retarded you timimg below 3000 rpm and your truck won't be as responsive but your transmission will love you for it"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts