SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone doing this?i did this to my 2003 chevy 1500 and it was the best mod i ever did to the truck.i used a company called westers in canada for around 500 dollars (he sent me one and i sent him my stock one when i recieved his, money back guarentee) .better performance ,shifting was way better and gas milage was better

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
gto19 said:
is anyone doing this?i did this to my 2003 chevy 1500 and it was the best mod i ever did to the truck.i used a company called westers in canada for around 500 dollars (he sent me one and i sent him my stock one when i recieved his, money back guarentee) .better performance ,shifting was way better and gas milage was better
i am a dealer for the VEC, reprogrammer. it allows you access to write or modify the existing progam, & we currently have a program that works awesome. tell me your list of mods & i can write a program for you, as well as you will have the software to change it anytime you like. it has has analog features for NOS or a shift light whatever. you can change timing, fuel curve, based on rpm or map sensor readings etc. it is $995 for the ecm & a card writer (you use what looks like a credit card to change your program anytime you like. you could write a program to drive across country, then pop in another when you get to a drag race!) Viper owners have ran this unit for years now & now we have it for the trucks.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Boomer

From what I was told, they are still working on the harness for the VEC2 on the Ram SRT-10.

Do you know if this has been completed yet. I will buy one if it's ready.

Marc

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Marc T said:
Boomer

From what I was told, they are still working on the harness for the VEC2 on the Ram SRT-10.

Do you know if this has been completed yet. I will buy one if it's ready.

Marc
they have a heck of a time getting plugs for the fuel injectors, everything else is done. it's no big deal, as i can show you how to wire up the injectors. it is a 10 minute job, as you just have a 12v common wire on each injector, the other wire goes to the vec2. very simple, i can lay it out with a color phot and tag each wire, as well as burn a card for you with a program that works great. everything else is just plug-n-play. 30 minutes you will burning rubber. let me know-boomer :D

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Thanks Boomer, but I think I will wait until it is plug and play. I have the back from hell and bending over the engine like that just lights me up.

Put me down for one when they locate the plugs.

It's my understanding that the Audi plugs are the only ones that fit right now?

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Marc T said:
Thanks Boomer, but I think I will wait until it is plug and play. I have the back from hell and bending over the engine like that just lights me up.

Put me down for one when they locate the plugs.

It's my understanding that the Audi plugs are the only ones that fit right now?
they are trying to locate them directly from Bosch, but bosch is playing dumb, so they are on it, & will hopefully be sending me some in a week or less! i will put you down for one, thanks cheif!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Vec2

Marc,

It is truly plug and play. I've got the complete Vec2 with plug in harness on mine and it couldn't be simpler. I changed cards and flashed a moderate cruising program into mine, and took a 1300 mile trip last week through the mountains in Tennessee and Georgia. I averaged 15.8 mpg from start to finish. I changed back to one of my better dyno performance cards after I got back to town for my day to day driving.

The cool part is if I had wanted to do any "spirited driving", I could change out the card, flash the memory for total performance, and change back to a cruising setting and continue to roll on getting pretty decent milage.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts