Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Dude we are both back in BLACK! Its so hard waiting for this truck to come in. Yours really looks awesome! That black finish is so reflective on your tailgate, its a fricken mirror! I love the stealth look. Getting the tint done will be my first mod. I have ordered the magaflow catback, but I think I will wait till its breaks in before I ad it on.

So whats the viper badges gonna cost me? They look way better than the RAM badge on the sides. Sorry dude I might have to copy yours. ;) I was cleaning out the garage today to make her new home cozy this weekend. No way I am letting her roast out in the Maui sun everyday.

Great job on yours, totally awesome looking. Black just stands out soooo much.

patrick

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ThankSS Partrick,It has to be torture to know yours is floating on it`s way to you.

I think tint really sets it off.

On the shine ,gotta like Zaino.It is the best out there!

The Magnaflow cat back is cool,however I am going to go with a Spintech Pro Street.

The Viper hood ornaments are off an SRT-10 and list for $96.00 each.I got them for $57.00.Dealer cost is $48.00 for reference.The Viper Powered like is on the hood is $57.00 list.I gave $37.00 for it.

Good luck on your baby and hope it arrives soon!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Dave
\
Ouch those are some pricey badges!!! What should I expect though, its a Viper badge not a neon badge! :eek: ^Thanks for giving me the list and what you actually paid. I had no idea they were so costly. I think its a little funny that you can actually order these. So does this mean guys with a RC 1500 with the hemi or 4.7 can order srt/10 badging and fake it!!! At least ours has the viper motor, so we aint faking!!!! FAke fake fake!!! Cant wait till somebody asks "that thing got a hemi"!!! "Not even close dude" :D LOL

BTW Your Impala is quite stunning as well. Thanks for the tip on Zaino, never heard of it. Can you get it at everyday stores or mail order only?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Don't worry. After about the first thirty people who ask you if it has a hemi you'll be pretty tired of it. It's easier to just say yes and drive on. Either that or explain what kind of motor is in it... but then you'll have to show them too. Oh well, there's worse things in life, right?

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ThankSS for the compliments on the car too.You can get Zaino only from the factory.I GUARANTEE it will out shine and out perform ANYTHING you have EVER used.Heady stuff ,but you have to try it to believe it.Get it here: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Anything that remotely says Viper is triple what it should be....imagine that! :)

I think I told the story of these two guys in a Chevy p/u calling out to me "That thing gotta Hemi in it?" Me thinking they were quoting the commercial on TV replied ," Yur about to find out" They looked at me like I had three eyes and got a little pissed I think...Oh well. :rolleyes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
[QUOTE

Anything that remotely says Viper is triple what it should be....imagine that! :)

I think I told the story of these two guys in a Chevy p/u calling out to me "That thing gotta Hemi in it?" Me thinking they were quoting the commercial on TV replied ," Yur about to find out" They looked at me like I had three eyes and got a little pissed I think...Oh well. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Its the ole "live in a fancy neighborhood and the plummer thinks your rich so he charges ya more concept!!!!!!! Ya wanna look cool well its gonna cost ya, pay up sucker and gets some viper badges!!! Like I should be worried about $100 after kicking down almost 50K for the truck! :eek:

I read your hemi story earlier, I laughed cause I could only imagine how many times that is gonna happen to me. The people that are in the know about this truck are floored when I tell them I got one coming! They cant belive it. I will check out that Zaino stuff. Cant cheap out now!

patrick

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Better put aside a whole weekend to put on a full application of that stuff.

Read the instructions, sounds like a whole lotta work. Good I guess for a vehicle thats gonna sit on a lot for people to gawk at, I'd rather be driving mine.

Meguiars new Tech wax does the trick for me. Two hours and she's gleamin!!!
:D :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Rok- I went to the site of zaino,and let me tell you the combination of my stupidity and no patience , got me. So, if you could tell me in english what i need to order and what to tell my detail guy when i bring it to him i would be super grateful-thnx trev

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
369 Posts
just wandering how you got the viper badge to lay flat on the tailgate of your truck. i too have one and it has a slight contour to it. whats your input on the matter?

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
966 Posts
Badging Emblems

Roktman said:
Here are some pics of my truck from this weekend.Shown are the emblem deletes, various Viper badging additions,hard tonneau cover , locking tailgate handle ,billet plate frame,tint,billet door cap. I didn`t get a chance to get any motor pics to reflect the billet dress up......Next time.

http://www.pbase.com/saabqueen/hamilton_plaza&page=all
Ok Roktman, I should be getting my badging this week in the mail.
I have a question when applying the viper badge to the truck.
Did you do (or anyone else) do any special prep to the surface before putting on any additional badges?
when I got my SRT-10 I took the DODGE lettering off of the tail gate (and left the SRT badging on the opposite side as is).
After I took the Dodge off, I waxed the tail gate for protection. (3M general purpose adhesive remover says that it does take off wax but does not blemish the paint finish).
I think I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I would hate to have the viper badge fall off. Just trying to avoid any probs.
I guess what I will do is clean the surface, place the badge where I want it and just keep an eye on it. If I notice that the adhesive is giving-way, then that should be my answer. AND if i drive somwhere and get out of the truck and happen to look at the tail gate where the badge used to be, I can kiss $65.00 away and next time strip the wax off and then put the badge on.
Wax on....Wax off....Wax on....Wax offf

Dallas
:)

·
Registered
329 Posts
That is basically what I did. Just make sure it is nice an clean. I also to an alcohol prep pad and wiped it down pretty good just to make sure. Mine hasn't budged.

·
Registered
966 Posts
SRTfirefighter thanks

SRTFirefighter said:
That is basically what I did. Just make sure it is nice an clean. I also to an alcohol prep pad and wiped it down pretty good just to make sure. Mine hasn't budged.
thanks for the support... :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
966 Posts
badges rokt...

Roktman said:
Yea Dallas ,What Jeff said.I wiped off the surface with alcohol ,applied the badges (both doors ,tailgate and the Viper Powered under the SRT-10 on the tail too.) No issues since summer .Good luck and post up them pics!
well hopefully i get my badges tomorrow...maybe sat'day at the latest.
Post the pics...yeah right...then you'll still give me crap about tinting the windows and getting that gas cap door cover...I know the drill..you!
I can't get anything cuz the wife says i will be ruining my xmas....so who knows, i may be getting a brushed alum gas cvr door and gift cert for tintd windows....heh heh heh!
i got the alcohol ready...sure goes down good that MGD! ummmmm! :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts