SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polished Cold Air Kits - $350 Group Buy for the first 10 orders.

We have 10 sets in stock right now with 3 of them already sold. This product adds 8 rear wheel hp and looks better than any other cold air kit out there.

We ship COD and take Paypal. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Is this the whole "Kit"? Do you have pictures of the Kit installed? Does it have a housing like the K&N? Looks Nice!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eagle said:
Is this the whole "Kit"? Do you have pictures of the Kit installed? Does it have a housing like the K&N? Looks Nice!
Here is a pic of one installed on a QC. You can see the polished stainless inlet tube but its hard to see the filter. The tube and the filter are the kit. There is no shield as the filter sits right behond the front grille.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
:rolleyes: $350.00 for (1) polished tube and (1) K&N filter that will get soaked in the rain! Plus you have to remove the Airdam that is in the grill to make it work. And your sill using the O.E.M. air intake flex hose which is one of the bigger POWER robbers with it's corragated insides!! Seems alittle picey :eek:

:cool: my .02
Quick
p/s: I should talk...the way I spend money!

·
Registered
152 Posts
John,i am in,good looking system..it has to flow better than the stock restrictive air box ..paypal sent ..thanks steve

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
johnj said:
two questions:
can you make a heat shield?
when it rains outside... does the air filter get soaked?
In my opinion it does not need a heat shield. I had another Ram V10 truck (94) that I had a similar kit on and it had 160k miles when I sold it. Rain will not have an effect on the filter or the motor in my opinion. These are very good questions. Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUICKSILVER said:
:rolleyes: $350.00 for (1) polished tube and (1) K&N filter that will get soaked in the rain! Plus you have to remove the Airdam that is in the grill to make it work. And your sill using the O.E.M. air intake flex hose which is one of the bigger POWER robers with it's corragated insides!! Seems alittle picey :eek:

:cool: my .02
Quick
p/s: I should talk...the way I spend money!
It makes power on the dyno and makes the truck faster. That plastic hose does not ROB any power at all - we have tested that.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pitrider said:
John,i am in,good looking system..it has to flow better than the stock restrictive air box ..paypal sent ..thanks steve
Ships out on Monday - you will have it on Wed. Please let everyone know what you think. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I do like how the polished tube looks. But would be a little concerned with engine bay heat (these damn things produce alot of that) and rain!! IMO

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
What would a heat shield be for? What about the OEM flex pipe, why didn't you modify or replace? You've also been talking about a new billet throttle body...it seems like you could have compete system from one end to the other.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Not trying to be a smartasz or anything but due to the law of physics, how does or is the rain goin to get into the filter and run uphill into the engine. Or is the water going to clog up the filter? Or does our engine have enough suction to draw the water into the engine, and if it makes it to the engine would it not burn up in compression, or is there going to be a water hose effect and soak the internals and kill the engine. I just really want to know since i have kinda a 9-second set-up, but don't really drive it in the rain, and just don't want to get caught out.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wadejesu said:
I didn't install mine that way, See attached, It looks better and makes use of the empty battery box.
Wow, that really looks great! We have installing them right behind the grille for maximum cold air. But I must say that what you did looks outstanding. I will recommend this to our customers who may want to see more eye candy under the hood. Thanks!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FYI, this offer is still good. But we sold out all the kits we made last week. So we are making more. If you order this week they probably wont go out til late next week.

·
Registered
621 Posts
wadejesu said:
I didn't install mine that way, See attached, It looks better and makes use of the empty battery box.

WOW man, that looks awesome!!!! Yeah, I am not sure if it defeats the purpose of cold air intakes, but I really like what you did there!! Thanks for the pic!!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
wadejesu said:
So that's what that box is for!, Very nice touch! ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts