SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to lower the rear when the truck comes back in a week or two. I haven't made a decision on 1.5 or a whole 2 inches.

Does anyone have pics to share?

Which one would you choose?

Post away!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
which would level it? thats what i would do. just my 2cents! ;)

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I used the same "Jack" kit. 2" seemed to level it off and it does drive better.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
I went to the local 4wd shop got me 2" blocks for $30, then went to the local spring shop and had 4 I think 9 3/4 u bolts made for $10 a peice. Lowered it 2" and it seem a tad to low in the rear, took the blocks back out shaved 1/4 " off reinstalled looked perfect.

·
Registered
53 Posts
lowering...

this is just my opinion, but i don't like the idea of lowering it. Its already lowered to the perfect spot. And, lets not forget what this truck really is.... its a truck, a real sized truck... not one of those mini trucks that mexi-americans drive. Its supposed to be a truck that can post the 1/4 times and have the horses.... not meant to run the la mans.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
OK now i am offended , I'm a mexican from lemans. por que fin senior!!!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just like the idea of balancing the truck out to level. Not a fully on low rider or anything...

·
Registered
210 Posts
lowerd mine with 1 1/2 blocks and u bolts that were longer it sits almost level just a little, little bit higher in the rear 2 inches was a little to low

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hope no one on this thread is thinking of doing this to a QC I work @ 4wd parts center and when i racked up my truck i discovered that QC's are sprung over, not under like RC's but still run the same shackle. My truck sits at least 2 inches high in ther rear and now i have to wait on someone to make springs to drop it

·
Registered
45 Posts
No bilstein kicker (axle wrap) shock either

·
Registered
45 Posts
No rear sway bar either (i just went and looked).......... i'm starting to get pissed

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Read that

I read before the introduction that the QC's were going to be set up without longitudinal shock and axle under springs but did not hear about the lack of a sway bar. Parts that are not there cost nothing...........Jack

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BLS2DWL said:
I hope no one on this thread is thinking of doing this to a QC I work @ 4wd parts center and when i racked up my truck i discovered that QC's are sprung over, not under like RC's but still run the same shackle. My truck sits at least 2 inches high in ther rear and now i have to wait on someone to make springs to drop it

Why couldn't you go with the regular rear drop kit for a 1500 from Hotchkis then? You could possibly add their rear sway bar too. I installed this on my 1500 HEMI and it was a huge improvement.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
B.Exxon said:
lowerd mine with 1 1/2 blocks and u bolts that were longer it sits almost level just a little, little bit higher in the rear 2 inches was a little to low
Thanks Exxon. I think from everthing I've heard i'm gonna split the difference and do 1.75"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts