SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. Short story is the OEM hydraulic fan shorted out. no replacement parts from Chrysler. Working with dealer, ordered electric fan kit which dealer installed along with the purchased PS hose. Install done and power steering pump is squealing. Dealer installed new pump with same result. Dealer is now blaming not having the hydraulic fan causing pressure issues with the pump. Checked with electric fan supplier (well known supplier ) who says that he has sold 70-100 of the electric fans and never heard of an issue like this.

It would seem to me that other then having the new hose which may be a shorter loop, the pump had to deal with the times when the OEM hydraulic fan was not running as temps were good, i.e. at initial start up, where there was little to no pressure from the fan actually running.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Some people have had issues with PS pump pulley being on wrong with the washer in the wrong spot. Installing electric fan should not cause it to do that ya the PS runs the fan but the pressure shouldnt change. Or could be the belt

·
Registered
2005 RAM SRT-10 QC
1 Posts
Currently, I'm experiencing the same issue with an e-fan kit. Did you find a solution for this problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts