SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first post here. Just thinking out loud, I want to purchase a Quad cab SRT-10, And build a Prerunner out of it. I've got a 71 Duster Supercomp car (505 Indy motor)if I want to race, a Stage 3 ACR Neon for the Street, and a Wrangler on 35"s for slow trail riding. I want something to tear up Glamis, and the High desert fire roads. My plan is Full Cage, 'Glass bedsides and fenders flared to cover 37 x 12.50 x 17 BFG Baja T/As, Long travel A-Arm front suspension, 1/4 elliptic rear with a 4 link, King Coil-over shocks ect... Seems like a nice start with the SRT-10, Already have the killer driveline, just add suspension and GO!! Will 17" rims clear the stock brakes? I am dead serious about this. I have acces to a pretty good fab shop (My garage) I love the Pre-run look, but Dodge needs some representation!! Pick up OFFROAD Mag, its all Chevy and Ford for domestics. Any help would be appreciated. Has anyone done this yet? SRT or any 2nd Gen RAM? Just looking for pointers. Peace Murf

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Murfman said:
Hello, first post here. Just thinking out loud, I want to purchase a Quad cab SRT-10, And build a Prerunner out of it. I've got a 71 Duster Supercomp car (505 Indy motor)if I want to race, a Stage 3 ACR Neon for the Street, and a Wrangler on 35"s for slow trail riding. I want something to tear up Glamis, and the High desert fire roads. My plan is Full Cage, 'Glass bedsides and fenders flared to cover 37 x 12.50 x 17 BFG Baja T/As, Long travel A-Arm front suspension, 1/4 elliptic rear with a 4 link, King Coil-over shocks ect... Seems like a nice start with the SRT-10, Already have the killer driveline, just add suspension and GO!! Will 17" rims clear the stock brakes? I am dead serious about this. I have acces to a pretty good fab shop (My garage) I love the Pre-run look, but Dodge needs some representation!! Pick up OFFROAD Mag, its all Chevy and Ford for domestics. Any help would be appreciated. Has anyone done this yet? SRT or any 2nd Gen RAM? Just looking for pointers. Peace Murf
Seems to me that buying a SRT/10 would be a waste of money for what you want to do. Almost everything that makes the SRT a SRT would be gone. Get a standard RAM 1500, modify it for what you want and then slap some SRT/10 stickers on it.

One quick question. You are not by chance 1tallsrt's long lost cousin are you? :eek: :D Just kidding folks, just kidding.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yanno Silver ... That cousin comment was more or less the first thing that came to mind when I saw this post ... Took A LOT of restraint not to say something hehehe :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Here we go again.It must be something in the water. :(

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
aSHP00l said:
Yanno Silver ... That cousin comment was more or less the first thing that came to mind when I saw this post ... Took A LOT of restraint not to say something hehehe :D
That was my first thought also, but I figured he might be serious, so I will play along for now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Who says it is not him?????????????? :confused:

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
****, I already did that to mine. It didn't work for **** so I put it back to stock!! I would post photos but I don't have a camera!!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Marc T said:
****, I already did that to mine. It didn't work for **** so I put it back to stock!! I would post photos but I don't have a camera!!
Letterman is that you again!!!!!!!!!!! :) ;) :D

patrick

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Silverback said:
Seems to me that buying a SRT/10 would be a waste of money for what you want to do. Almost everything that makes the SRT a SRT would be gone. Get a standard RAM 1500, modify it for what you want and then slap some SRT/10 stickers on it.

One quick question. You are not by chance 1tallsrt's long lost cousin are you? :eek: :D Just kidding folks, just kidding.

First of all who is 1tallsrt? Second you guys are a bunch of yahoos. What exactly would I be giving up from the SRT10 QC? The Front suspension? The rear springs? I thought the QC used pretty much the standard ram suspension. I plan on re-using the brakes, the Dana 60 is a given, Truss it and add a 4 link. Any way when the Hemi makes 500 HP I guess a standard Ram would be fine, but by the time I buy a 2500 QC with a Hemi ect... and mod it for 500 HP I will be closing the gap quickly on the SRT, anyhow the take off parts rims/tires are sure to be worth more from the SRT to help close the gap even more.

Would all you haters have the same comments if I wanted to slam one on airbags, or balk half it for some 21.5" M/T Sportsmans? Didn't realize you were all so narrow minded. It is a TRUCK after all, not like Im building some monster truck Viper or something.

·
Banned
8,819 Posts
:eek: Hope we don't need fire suits again! :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek:
J :confused:

·
Registered
115 Posts
These guys aren't open to these type of mods. We should start our own forum.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Murfman said:
Second you guys are a bunch of yahoos. Didn't realize you were all so narrow minded.
Are you sure it is us? :eek:

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
1tallsrt said:
These guys aren't open to these type of mods. We should start our own forum.
Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus. :D

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Murfman said:
First of all who is 1tallsrt? Second you guys are a bunch of yahoos. What exactly would I be giving up from the SRT10 QC? The Front suspension? The rear springs? I thought the QC used pretty much the standard ram suspension. I plan on re-using the brakes, the Dana 60 is a given, Truss it and add a 4 link. Any way when the Hemi makes 500 HP I guess a standard Ram would be fine, but by the time I buy a 2500 QC with a Hemi ect... and mod it for 500 HP I will be closing the gap quickly on the SRT, anyhow the take off parts rims/tires are sure to be worth more from the SRT to help close the gap even more.

Would all you haters have the same comments if I wanted to slam one on airbags, or balk half it for some 21.5" M/T Sportsmans? Didn't realize you were all so narrow minded. It is a TRUCK after all, not like Im building some monster truck Viper or something.
Your money, your truck. Do whatever the **** you want with it. We told you our opinions, take or leave it. What you want to do does not fit in with what the majority of this group does or likes. Find a group where you fit in. I'm sure 1tallsrt will join you at www.misfitsanddorksareus.com.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Ha Ha! :D :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its pretty obvious why you guys bought SRT-10 Rams, to make up for your own physical SHORTcomings.

www.misfitsanddorksareus.com. Pretty funny, this directed me HERE!

Have fun polishing your "Viper" emblems, and telling everyone how Badass you are cuz you own a SRT-10. Maybe someday you guys will get a life of your own.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts