SRT10 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Murfman said:
Its pretty obvious why you guys bought SRT-10 Rams, to make up for your own physical SHORTcomings.

www.misfitsanddorksareus.com. Pretty funny, this directed me HERE!

Have fun polishing your "Viper" emblems, and telling everyone how Badass you are cuz you own a SRT-10. Maybe someday you guys will get a life of your own.

Cant we all just get along ? :D

In their own way they are trying to tell you that you are going to rip out an incredible street performance suspension, rims,tires,etc...Then rebuild it just to get a 2WD Dodge QC with a Viper V10 in it. I would guess you are doubling your work and paying an extra 10-15k to get to about where you would by just getting a QC with Hemi.

I dont, nor most folks here care what you do with your money. If you want to build a pre-runner or paint it pink, carpet the dash and put on some spoke rims, go for it.

The internet is like Texas...everything is bigger :D ..bigger balls, assholes,
egos, etc,etc,etc :cool:

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Maybe he will go back to the Honda forum from whilst he came. :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Roktman said:
Maybe he will go back to the Honda forum from whilst he came. :confused:
OOOH Big talker with your Denali on Dubs and "Signature Edition" SRT. Actually I think YOU belong with the Honda boys. Let me know when you want to run your 900HP Impala SS I'll meet you any where with my 500 HP Duster anywhere anytime...

NIce Mod list by the way I'm really impressed with your "Hardwired" Valentine one!! Whatever

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Murfman said:
OOOH Big talker with your Denali on Dubs and "Signature Edition" SRT. Actually I think YOU belong with the Honda boys. Let me know when you want to run your 900HP Impala SS I'll meet you any where with my 500 HP Duster anywhere anytime...

NIce Mod list by the way I'm really impressed with your "Hardwired" Valentine one!! Whatever
Maybe you and your boyfriend can go to the www.fudgepackerforum.com. Hillbilly douchebags like you are just oxygen thieves....yahoo. :eek:

·
Banned
8,819 Posts
Roktman said:
Maybe you and your boyfriend can go to the fudgepackerforum.com.Hillbilly douchebags like you are just oxygen thieves....yahoo.
ROCK ON ROKTMAN!!! :D Yaaaaahooooooo!!!!

Is he anywhere near the talahachee bridge?? He should take a jump...

Jery & Wifeypoo :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
i have noticed that in this forum no one is open to any ideas, you say that it will lose the point of having an SRT if he does this there is nothing that says he cannot do this and he did not say he wanted to keep it an SRT you see he wants to have a bada$$ offroad truck and i agree this driveline is a great platform and the srt-10 has it all just new suspension and go...i myself would not do this but to every man his own

·
Registered
515 Posts
and also im not stickin up for this guy cause hes an *******

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Kapukane07 said:
and also im not stickin up for this guy cause hes an *******
RANT ON [What exactly makes me the Ass? Go back and read the threads, I am a new member, and simply asked if anyone here had done this (Prerunner) to a SRT 10, all I recieved were assnine comments about being a troll, you (Not you Kapukane07) act like I want to paint a mustache on the Mona Lisa for christsakes. The SRT-10 is a PICKUP TRUCK not a FERRARI. Go to Silver Lake in Michigan or the Glamis or Dumont, and there are PLENTY of trucks running around too bad they are usually Fords, I want to run a Dodge, simple as that. Guess what for the sand you need lots of HP. Hence the idea of running the V10. I am a MOPAR guy from day one, I have owned over 30 Mopars from my SRT ACR to a 440 + 6 4SPD Superbird that Dave the BK at Moparstyle.net now owns and is restoring. Go check it out if you dont believe. Nobody seemd to even think of asking me, but anyway I already OWN a HEMI Ram and Guess what it does NOT have the power needed My Cummins duallie with an Aftermarket trans, Injectors, exhaust, and Chip is FASTER than my 1500 QC. Instead of adding a SC/Turbo/ whatever, I'd rather start with a RELIABLE 500 HP motor. Id do another Cummins, but its WAY to heavy. I figure with simple bolt ons I can get a conservative 550 HP out of the V-10, Its Aluminum, so its light, add a set of 4.88 or 5.38 gears to the D60 to spin the 37" tires, I bet with the weight reduction of the Fiberglass Bedsides and front clip the truck would probably still run high 13s low 14s in the quarter. What is soo wrong with this idea? OMFG I'm ruining a SRT10? Some of the guys here seem to just want to armorall there tires while telling everybody how badass they are, its pathetic. Its a shame that the new found popularity of DCX vehicles is bringing the typical Yo Tony Trans Am owner into the MOPAR world. ] Rant OFF Murf

·
Banned
8,819 Posts
Murfman said:
RANT ON [What exactly makes me the Ass? Go back and read the threads, I am a new member, and simply asked if anyone here had done this (Prerunner) to a SRT 10, all I recieved were assnine comments about being a troll, you (Not you Kapukane07) act like I want to paint a mustache on the Mona Lisa for christsakes. The SRT-10 is a PICKUP TRUCK not a FERRARI. Go to Silver Lake in Michigan or the Glamis or Dumont, and there are PLENTY of trucks running around too bad they are usually Fords, I want to run a Dodge, simple as that. Guess what for the sand you need lots of HP. Hence the idea of running the V10. I am a MOPAR guy from day one, I have owned over 30 Mopars from my SRT ACR to a 440 + 6 4SPD Superbird that Dave the BK at Moparstyle.net now owns and is restoring. Go check it out if you dont believe. Nobody seemd to even think of asking me, but anyway I already OWN a HEMI Ram and Guess what it does NOT have the power needed My Cummins duallie with an Aftermarket trans, Injectors, exhaust, and Chip is FASTER than my 1500 QC. Instead of adding a SC/Turbo/ whatever, I'd rather start with a RELIABLE 500 HP motor. Id do another Cummins, but its WAY to heavy. I figure with simple bolt ons I can get a conservative 550 HP out of the V-10, Its Aluminum, so its light, add a set of 4.88 or 5.38 gears to the D60 to spin the 37" tires, I bet with the weight reduction of the Fiberglass Bedsides and front clip the truck would probably still run high 13s low 14s in the quarter. What is soo wrong with this idea? OMFG I'm ruining a SRT10? Some of the guys here seem to just want to armorall there tires while telling everybody how badass they are, its pathetic. Its a shame that the new found popularity of DCX vehicles is bringing the typical Yo Tony Trans Am owner into the MOPAR world. ] Rant OFF Murf
Hey, hot air, are you related to 1tall??? OBVIOUSLY!! :eek:

J & D

·
Registered
515 Posts
yall hes got a point....tell you the truth i would be excited about the truck bein used to whip up on some other trucks even though i have an excursion i wanna see a dodge kick some ass i think the guy has a valid point and i will keep stickin up for the idea of offroading an srt10 i mean for god sakes its a TRUCK

rock on murf

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Yall are being too harse on Murph.

**** if he's got the money to turn an SRT into a Pre Runner more power to him!

·
Registered
356 Posts
womsterr said:
Yall are being too harse on Murph.

**** if he's got the money to turn an SRT into a Pre Runner more power to him!
I agree! Mopar or no car!!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Murfman said:
Hello, first post here. Just thinking out loud, I want to purchase a Quad cab SRT-10, And build a Prerunner out of it. I've got a 71 Duster Supercomp car (505 Indy motor)if I want to race, a Stage 3 ACR Neon for the Street, and a Wrangler on 35"s for slow trail riding. I want something to tear up Glamis, and the High desert fire roads. My plan is Full Cage, 'Glass bedsides and fenders flared to cover 37 x 12.50 x 17 BFG Baja T/As, Long travel A-Arm front suspension, 1/4 elliptic rear with a 4 link, King Coil-over shocks ect... Seems like a nice start with the SRT-10, Already have the killer driveline, just add suspension and GO!! Will 17" rims clear the stock brakes? I am dead serious about this. I have acces to a pretty good fab shop (My garage) I love the Pre-run look, but Dodge needs some representation!! Pick up OFFROAD Mag, its all Chevy and Ford for domestics. Any help would be appreciated. Has anyone done this yet? SRT or any 2nd Gen RAM? Just looking for pointers. Peace Murf
I work with a guy who is into off-roading and he had the same idea. He likes the truck and thinks it would be cool to do. More power to ya!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Wow... I was beginning to think that there were NO reasonable members on the board. Thanks for the support. I am going to Glassworks monday to get some preliminary costs on 'glass or CF bedsides, fenders, and hood. What is the going price for takeoff rims and tires? How about springs and shocks? I figure someone will want them for a ram.

Back to the original post, has anyone tried 17" wheels on a SRT10? My plan is Tubular Chromoly upper and lowe control arms with the stock Knuckles and brakes up front.
Peace Murf

·
Registered
356 Posts
Murfman said:
Wow... I was beginning to think that there were NO reasonable members on the board. Thanks for the support. I am going to Glassworks monday to get some preliminary costs on 'glass or CF bedsides, fenders, and hood. What is the going price for takeoff rims and tires? How about springs and shocks? I figure someone will want them for a ram.

Back to the original post, has anyone tried 17" wheels on a SRT10? My plan is Tubular Chromoly upper and lowe control arms with the stock Knuckles and brakes up front.
Peace Murf
I think 18" is the smallest that will fit. I think there are pleanty of off-road/sand tires out there that fit 18's. Show us some pics of the build, when you start.
99% of the people on here are great!! But realized we have been recently mocked, and shammed....so people are gun shy. :)

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Okay Murfman, I owe you an apology. Like 71demon said, a few of us got our collective tit in the wringer so to speak and thougth this was going down the same road.

Good luck on your project, and if this is the real deal, I'm sure there will be a lot of folks here that can help you.

Take care.

·
Banned
8,819 Posts
Includemeout said:
Hey, hot air, are you related to 1tall??? OBVIOUSLY!! :eek:

J & D
Allright, after reading into your original post more closely, The "hot air" statement is humbly retracted... Good luck on your project, post pics so we can check out your progress!!! Don't be a turd licker.. ;) We had one of those already.. :D :rolleyes:

J & D :D :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I aint convinced yet

Post some pics of all your stuff TODAY!!! :eek: :p

21 - 40 of 54 Posts