SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello looking to buy a used srt 10.are there any common problems I should look for? which hold up better auto or 6 speed?Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well,I've got 42,000 on my QC and no problems !!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Reg cab or quad? I've got a supercharged reg cab for sale if reg cab is where your looking. Plenty of deals right now.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yeah they are big, heavy, suck gas, ride rough, jerk all over the road, brakes squeal, and "L" 's whoop the **** out of them all day long.:pat:

·
Registered
72 Posts
only modded L, stock for stock the srt 10 is better all around in my opion

·
Registered
511 Posts
jm1fd said:
I'd have to say the biggest problem is engines getting blown up because of mods.
...when in the hands of a tuner that doesnt know what they are doing or the original owner pushing more nitrous/propane through stock internals then they can handle. That plus the STS Turbo in general.

·
Registered
511 Posts
srteric said:
Yeah they are big, heavy, suck gas, ride rough, jerk all over the road, brakes squeal, and "L" 's whoop the **** out of them all day long.:pat:
I'm thinking you knew of these things before you purchased...right?

I get 17 mpg highway with mine...1 mph less then my '97 Dakota V8 and 1-2 less then my '06 Hemi quad cab 4x4. Of course when I have the pedal mashed I get about 4 mpg. No brake squeal on mine and I doubt every Lightning will whoop the **** out of it. I'd love to meet up with a Lightning or two on a roadcoarse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking for a std cab.saw a few on E bay,cost seems to be comming down

·
Registered
323 Posts
task125 said:
Looking for a std cab.saw a few on E bay,cost seems to be comming down
Yep. Prices came down quite nicely when gas prices went up. I picked up a NEW 2005 RC back in August for $29,450.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wanted to find one that someone bought and put in a garage for an investment and now wants something else.I was looking at older 70 to 73 camaros but theres just something about a pick up with a viper motor in it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
No problems with mine, other than collecting dust for the last two years (barely 5k on it) and I need to buy my oldest child a car.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
364 Posts
srteric said:
You may have "L" problems, I don't.

·
Banned
880 Posts
srteric has problems other than his truck. He is really bitter and shows it over at the SSR forum, too. I hope he sells his truck soon and learns to relax. task125 - these vehicles are not "investments" !!!! With inflation, no one is really going to be making any money but I just started driving one of the two RCs I bought recently and even though it is heavy and uses a lot of gas, it is a comfortable and pleasureable vehicle I have quickly learned to appreciate. I like how the seats wrap my fat bod and how everything just seems to be in the right spot. My only complaint so far is that the gearing is too close with first gear not low enough for a truck. The '04's 4.10 gear and my oversized rear tires just makes this worse but it feels like I am taking off in a 2nd gear. With 6 gears, a truck should offer at least one a bit lower, not a stump puller, but low enough to know you are in first. Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am in NJ,I was not really looking for an investment, just a fun car or in this case truck to drive now and then.I have an 06 diesel mega cab I use as a truck now.I love the sleeper look to it.just looks like a pick up to the average person.
I had an 03 dodge diesel with 6sp and I put a edge box in it and could not shift it fast enough,never used 1st.I am sure the ratio is higher in srts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another ? I am looking at std cab srt are there any big changes in the 04 to 05 to 06 ? or is it just colors and emblems

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
The only problem I seem to have with mine is putting it away!! I just can't turn it off, I have to make another cruise through town, somebody please help me I can't stop!!:wank: :fest06:

·
Registered
364 Posts
task125 said:
Another ? I am looking at std cab srt are there any big changes in the 04 to 05 to 06 ? or is it just colors and emblems
04 only had the rc and came with a 4:10 rear end.
05 sae the first qc (automatic) and all rear ends became 4:56
06 saw the first cosmetic changes, more rounded front end

Others may chime in but that was the basic difference...there were some special colors like the CE with stripes, a couple of pure white ones, and more recently (06) the Nightrunner.

There are also some changes in the cab...the 04 has a terrible GPS (no map) just instructions...all have a terrible sound system....

But they are a rip snorting balls to the wall truck...I get thrills everytime I start it...kids hang out of their cars yelling at me to "light em up"...other truck drivers can't take their eyes off them...add a supercharger and make the Z06 boys cry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what was the performance differance 410 to 456? just wondering why the change

1 - 20 of 31 Posts