SRT10 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
task125 said:
what was the performance differance 410 to 456? just wondering why the change
Kept from blowing out clutches.It was a fix for the ill conceived choice in `04.makes a hugh difference in accelleration.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the info,so if I get a 2004 I should plan on changing the rear.

·
Registered
364 Posts
task125 said:
Depends on what you want to do with the truck.

Mine is supercharged so the 4:10 is an advantage.

Several people were concerned about mpg with their 4:56 and wanted to swap for my 4:10.

Under boost you need longer gears...

Not sure that we have documented the difference between 4:10 and 4:56 on the dyno...but it seems reasonable that there is a difference.

If you get an '04 the first thing you will probably want to change is the clutch and master/slave cyl...(go to a Centerforce clutch and the Viper slave and master cyl.) then get a Gen IV shifter from X-metal to eliminate the hard shift in to third problems with the stock Hurst shifter.

Good luck...and enjoy...drive it like you stole it, but be careful...this truck can get out of control very quickly, especially in wet conditions...mine never is driven when it is wet...620 rwhp and 640 lbs of torque will put the tailgate where the radiator should be before you even know it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
task125 said:

And I just noticed...Tom River!!!

Went to high school there. Don't ask which high school...when I was there, there was only one...is the Rt. 50 dinner still there? That was the cruze-in location for my high school years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks again for the info,Rt.50? must be called something else now.I moved here 7 years ago.This place has changed a lot in just 7 years.The wife is a teacher in TomsRiver.I work up north in Irvington.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
If you get an 04 and are not going to SC or Spray, I would go with the 4:88's.

I have had both the 4:56 and now the 4:88's, wish I would have put in the 4:88's from the get go!!

Good luck in your decision!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
task125 said:
Looking for a std cab.saw a few on E bay,cost seems to be comming down

They are all around you. Flemington Dodge has a QC new 05, Circle Dodge has a Night Runner RC new 06, Baker ( Princeton ) RC new 06. Cartec ( Bordentown ) QC used 05, 800 Miles, Quigly Motors (Boyertown Pa.) QC used 05 3,500 Miles. Should be able to get one between $30,000 and $35,000. Don't wait to long the SRTs are selling at these prices.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
dodgeboy16 said:
They are all around you. Flemington Dodge has a QC new 05, Circle Dodge has a Night Runner RC new 06, Baker ( Princeton ) RC new 06. Cartec ( Bordentown ) QC used 05, 800 Miles, Quigly Motors (Boyertown Pa.) QC used 05 3,500 Miles. Should be able to get one between $30,000 and $35,000. Don't wait to long the SRTs are selling at these prices.
I want to go with a std cab 6sp,I have a mega cab now.Just looking around trying to find that great deal on one,I think prices will still be low as long as gas stays high and there are a few still out there at dealers

·
Registered
2 Posts
auto tranny/manual pro's & cons

There's alot of pros an cons for either version. Bottom line is .....what are you going to be doing the most of with the truck. also, beleive it or not... what part of the country do you live in? For snow your much better off with a stick especially with the truck being rear wheel drive. It's alot easier getting out of a snow bank or rut by rocking an the stick will help you out alot better than the auto. If your living in an area where snows not a concern but traffic jams are then sticks are not the way to go. If your going to be mostly racing than there again it's a judgement call. Generally speaking a manual will take more of a beating than an auto. I sorry I can't give you an easy call. My son's got a 05 six speed and it's his baby. He runs it off an on an the only complaint he's got is being stuck in slow moving traffic. I guess in the end it's what "YOU" will be happy with. problem wise, the only thing i'm aware of is the 05 sticks had a issue with shifting linkage. I wasn't even aware that they, autos, were an option. sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. Whatever you get i'm sure you'll love the truck, it's an eye catcher for sure an it can get out of it's own way with no problem....................later, blackbird

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a problem yesterday, as a matter of fact...

05' QC with 4000 miles. Problem started with dying at stops (stalling but it's an automatic). Then, escalated to massive shifting problems. Wouldn't downshift when told to, just jerked around til you let off the gas. It's now at the dealer and they have no fuking idea. I'll keep you updated.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
i have an 2006 QC has been sitting for about 2 years. from 1 minute to the next it stopped working. had a TIPM issue for about 4 years with the A/C not working to the windows. last year i finally found a TIMP with the correct part number as mine ( in Estonia). called dealership and their reply was do trash the truck. its illegal to reprogram a TIPM. called a TIPM programmer guy and he said hes not getting communication to PCM. now im here looking for a PCM.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts