SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys. Thanks to Boomer I got the REAR lowering kit on today. Only had time for that - I'll do the front another day.

Overall its very straight forward and I'm super impressed with the quality of ubolts and the slickness of the block.

First step is jack the truck up from the rear diff and set in two jackstands.

Step two - let the jack down and take off the 8 bolts for all 4 ubolts.

Now - this is were I ran into a little hitch. I tried jacking the axle up off the spring pack and it just starting lifting the truck up. Couldn't figure out what was doing it - so - I called Boomer ;) End result - I'm a dope...but I digress.

Step 3 - Unbolt the rear of the leaf springs from the rear hangar. Both sides.

Step 4 - Jack the rear diff again. Mine still didn't want to separate so I had to go and yank down on spring pack. Came right off then.

Step 5- Put in your blocks and new ubolts and hand tighten.

Just a few hints. I had to put the ubolts on hand tighten and then finagle the axle female end on the male side of the spacer (insert joke here). Your gonna have to move your jack, get a second jack up on the spring pack and push the wheels. They will go.

All in all it took me about 45 mins and think the second time I could do in half that. Power tooks help;)

After looking at these pics I'm gonna have to powerwash the underside of this truck!

I've posted some pics here.

EDIT - added new after pic after the hangers went back in position and settled.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yea I beleive it settled a bit more after a short drive. I had to push the hangers forward to catch the rear leaf spring eye and I think that is keeping it up another inch in the back.

The tires are stock size only in Nitto 404s...

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Tom it looks good. How is the ride? I know you just did the back but I am just curious. BTW I love the look of your neighborhood. I really miss that style that the south has being that I grew up in VA. It does look a little cold though... :confused:

patrick

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Looks good Tom, Hopefully i'll be doing the same soon!!!.

Hey I see you had your other buddy out there coaching you. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Maui. Thank man. Yea I love the neighborhood.

Could not really tell a difference in ride which I was REALLY happy with. When I put my hotchkis 2/4 drop on my Hemi the damn thing rode like a skateboard. No such luck here. Of course I only put the back on so far.

Hey Milo - yea thats Garth out there in garage helping me out. He's good for some laughs. Screaming at the dog - "Hey BUZZ!!! C'MERE!" till the dumb dog actually comes over to him...at which point he starts laughing.

Garths other new one is "Honey - can you grab me a beer" - ugh...man I guess I do say that pretty often. I'VE BEEN EXPOSED!!!! - and by the damn bird ;)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Garths other new one is "Honey - can you grab me a beer" - ugh...man I guess I do say that pretty often. I'VE BEEN EXPOSED!!!! - and by the damn bird

Thats funny, Yeah we made the mistake of leaveing the TV on when we go out. He was likes to say and sing commercials :rolleyes: Ever hear that tune for Six Flags with the old guy dancing? Well I do every day!!!! :(

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUICKSILVER said:
:) I think this is the first time we've seen your Truck ;)
Very Nice! :rolleyes: Like to hear about the Shifter?? :D

:cool:
Quick

Hahah..yea I actually DO have an SRT ;) ;)

Haven't gotten the shifters yet but I think I'll have it soon!!!! Can't wait to try it...

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats funny, Yeah we made the mistake of leaveing the TV on when we go out. He was likes to say and sing commercials :rolleyes: Ever hear that tune for Six Flags with the old guy dancing? Well I do every day!!!! :([/QUOTE]

Yea - I still hear the "Bridge of the River Quai" theme song that they used on the Superbowl ads 7 years ago when the packers won...he LOVES to whistle that one...

·
Registered
974 Posts
Post some more pics once the truck has settled so we can see the results :)

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Tom, Is the front done in that pic? That does look real sweet :D

·
Registered
974 Posts
womsterr said:
New after pics below. It settled significantly once the hangers went back.
Look 100% better :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts