SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
To all of you who have auto tranny's and read my few post regarding issues and jerking from the gears, I want you to be informed.......Before I start off I have to give a HUGE thanks to Dusty:congrats: at HTS transmission for opening my eyes and explaining the problems (not just 1) with this 48RE tranny, and ways to fix it....After speaking with Dusty for a good while, these tranny's are NOT suppose to jerk around or make funny movements...it should act snug and tight just like any other normal auto tranny would-shifting smoothly and effortlessly...to all of you who believe that the Selenoid is the culprit, you are right to a limited point, but that is only a quick fix...you are not nailing the real problems...I was opting to buy Dusty's parts to do the tranny upgrade, but then my local tranmission shop (who performed warranty work the 1st time), also knows a great deal about the 48RE and has built several racing types himself, is going to install the necessary upgrades under warranty, thank God.....SO basically all of you with the QC who experienced several funny situations with your tranny's should have them looked at..these are basically timebombs ready to give out at any moment! Dusty offers great packages to help get this transmission running properly with 500+ ponnies and torque behind them.....and the more you drive them the more hell these things are going to give you down the road..LITERALLY I also posted this on the other site to those of you who are members there also!:wavey::wavey:

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,633 Posts
Sounds good....

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,633 Posts
yes, should be

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so to get this fixed it would be covered under the warranty???
It should be...either under aftermarket warranty or under dealer warranty, any reputable transmission shop or dodge dealer recognizes the faults in this specific transmission, and if you reason with someone knowledgeable they will "slip" in the upgrades (they get paid by warranty company). So in short they should cover it under warranty or they will expect to see your truck in there more than a few times. The parts literally cost the dealer a few hundred bucks and chances are it won't be back = dealer less money to pay out in long run!:fing02:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Boy my fixes no- no boundries!

LOOK AT WHAT I"VE STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
so i would jus baisically tell them its not shifting right???and what would i tell them to do for the "upgrade" to make it shift better...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Boy my fixes no- no boundries!

LOOK AT WHAT I"VE STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
some people just break sh*t,some people always blame everyone else ,some people are you,go buy a chevy please they enjoy whiners

·
Registered
402 Posts
It should be...either under aftermarket warranty or under dealer warranty, any reputable transmission shop or dodge dealer recognizes the faults in this specific transmission, and if you reason with someone knowledgeable they will "slip" in the upgrades (they get paid by warranty company). So in short they should cover it under warranty or they will expect to see your truck in there more than a few times. The parts literally cost the dealer a few hundred bucks and chances are it won't be back = dealer less money to pay out in long run!:fing02:
maybe ur tranny guy is right and maybe hes not,everyone seems to have an opinion on these transmissions but very little are right.is he going to warranty his work on a 1000hp truck,highly unlikely,the transmission was made for a diesel not a gas truck,it was retro fitted to work in our trucks this being said only the suncoast transmissions have had much sucess and they only last about 15k miles.

if you take it to a dealer the dealer will only pay to put in replacement parts from dodge,they will install your parts if you supply them with the parts at your cost.

the only time they will consider using aftermarket replacement parts are if the stock parts are on backorder

·
Registered
88 Posts
some people just break sh*t,some people always blame everyone else ,some people are you,go buy a chevy please they enjoy whiners
Hey Chub, you don't know what you are talking about.

I assure you, that my complaints although sometimes written in desperation and sometimes missunderstood are warranted. The transmission I have is no good. And hasn't been good. But hey dude thanks for caring.:popworm:

·
Registered
88 Posts
maybe ur tranny guy is right and maybe hes not,everyone seems to have an opinion on these transmissions but very little are right.is he going to warranty his work on a 1000hp truck,highly unlikely,the transmission was made for a diesel not a gas truck,it was retro fitted to work in our trucks this being said only the suncoast transmissions have had much sucess and they only last about 15k miles.

if you take it to a dealer the dealer will only pay to put in replacement parts from dodge,they will install your parts if you supply them with the parts at your cost.

the only time they will consider using aftermarket replacement parts are if the stock parts are on backorder
Wrong and Wrong

Many of us have had great success with our warranty departments upgrading select parts. They win because it won't come back to them, more than likely...............

Also, this transmission was made to sit behind 440's and 426's.:shhh:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Wrong and Wrong

Many of us have had great success with our warranty departments upgrading select parts. They win because it won't come back to them, more than likely...............

Also, this transmission was made to sit behind 440's and 426's.:shhh:
ike you're a big f*ckin joke,besides bein an idiot,hows that success going with you're tranny that u say isnt warrantied then it is then it isnt because all the drama you bring with you.

i heard all about u bashing eddies truck ,the cigarettes etc,having ur wife go on the other forum to defend you,pathetic to say the least.but thats you in a nutshell .

eddies truck was fine til u bought it.

always the VICTIM ,POOR IKE,.

you make 100k a year,well thats what u started a thread and told people atleast,go buy a suncoast transmission and stfu.

NO ONE F*CKIN CARES, YOU DESERVE IT.

·
Registered
88 Posts
WoW LOL, Again your wrong about the truck, but thats ok. It really doesn't matter.

My wife got involved because she wanted to.

The warranty department told me this was the last transmission they would warranty and my warranty would be voided because the truck was modded.... The sales rep and Eddie fixed it........

Your kind of a **** aren't you?

I'm a really good guy, who's gotten some bad transmissions...................... LOL

·
Registered
88 Posts
O and it was 135,000 ;) well we're movin on up, movin to the east side............

·
Registered
402 Posts
WoW LOL, Again your wrong about the truck, but thats ok. It really doesn't matter.

My wife got involved because she wanted to.

The warranty department told me this was the last transmission they would warranty and my warranty would be voided because the truck was modded.... The sales rep and Eddie fixed it........

Your kind of a **** aren't you?

I'm a really good guy, who's gotten some bad transmissions...................... LOL
ANYONE WHO HAS TO TELL PEOPLE THEY'RE A "REALLY GOOD GUY" IS INSECURE AND NEEDS ATTENTION......OH WAIT THAT IS YOU.

YEARS OF THERAPY AWAITING YOUR OFFSPRING!

·
Registered
88 Posts
LOL

Latter Chubby

8,725 Posts
Ike you are a real pain, but so am I:wavey:

but your warranty will not be voided because of mods, talking to chad it wil voided if the "cable comes in adjsuted to the max" it must be adjusted correctly:fing02:
jsut let the tranny guys adjust it and let it go, they are frustrated, but then again so are we, I am just trying to give them time to correct the problems, and I understand yours too.
so please be patient, but your warranty want be voided because of a supercharger

·
Registered
3 Posts
To all of you who have auto tranny's and read my few post regarding issues and jerking from the gears, I want you to be informed.......Before I start off I have to give a HUGE thanks to Dusty:congrats: at HTS transmission for opening my eyes and explaining the problems (not just 1) with this 48RE tranny, and ways to fix it....After speaking with Dusty for a good while, these tranny's are NOT suppose to jerk around or make funny movements...it should act snug and tight just like any other normal auto tranny would-shifting smoothly and effortlessly...to all of you who believe that the Selenoid is the culprit, you are right to a limited point, but that is only a quick fix...you are not nailing the real problems...I was opting to buy Dusty's parts to do the tranny upgrade, but then my local tranmission shop (who performed warranty work the 1st time), also knows a great deal about the 48RE and has built several racing types himself, is going to install the necessary upgrades under warranty, thank God.....SO basically all of you with the QC who experienced several funny situations with your tranny's should have them looked at..these are basically timebombs ready to give out at any moment! Dusty offers great packages to help get this transmission running properly with 500+ ponnies and torque behind them.....and the more you drive them the more hell these things are going to give you down the road..LITERALLY I also posted this on the other site to those of you who are members there also!:wavey::wavey:
Dusty's parts to do the tranny upgrade is how much? Have 2006 SRT10 Quad Cab putting it into drive and reverse jerking like hell. Plus it's hanging into 2nd gear a while before shifting into 3rd gear.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts