SRT10 Forum banner

QC 48RE Tranny....Problems Eliminated

5K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  BlkMamba 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
To all of you who have auto tranny's and read my few post regarding issues and jerking from the gears, I want you to be informed.......Before I start off I have to give a HUGE thanks to Dusty:congrats: at HTS transmission for opening my eyes and explaining the problems (not just 1) with this 48RE tranny, and ways to fix it....After speaking with Dusty for a good while, these tranny's are NOT suppose to jerk around or make funny movements...it should act snug and tight just like any other normal auto tranny would-shifting smoothly and effortlessly...to all of you who believe that the Selenoid is the culprit, you are right to a limited point, but that is only a quick fix...you are not nailing the real problems...I was opting to buy Dusty's parts to do the tranny upgrade, but then my local tranmission shop (who performed warranty work the 1st time), also knows a great deal about the 48RE and has built several racing types himself, is going to install the necessary upgrades under warranty, thank God.....SO basically all of you with the QC who experienced several funny situations with your tranny's should have them looked at..these are basically timebombs ready to give out at any moment! Dusty offers great packages to help get this transmission running properly with 500+ ponnies and torque behind them.....and the more you drive them the more hell these things are going to give you down the road..LITERALLY I also posted this on the other site to those of you who are members there also!:wavey::wavey:

See less See more
#5 ·
It should be...either under aftermarket warranty or under dealer warranty, any reputable transmission shop or dodge dealer recognizes the faults in this specific transmission, and if you reason with someone knowledgeable they will "slip" in the upgrades (they get paid by warranty company). So in short they should cover it under warranty or they will expect to see your truck in there more than a few times. The parts literally cost the dealer a few hundred bucks and chances are it won't be back = dealer less money to pay out in long run!:fing02:

#6 ·
Boy my fixes no- no boundries!

LOOK AT WHAT I"VE STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 ·
some people just break sh*t,some people always blame everyone else ,some people are you,go buy a chevy please they enjoy whiners

#14 ·
WoW LOL, Again your wrong about the truck, but thats ok. It really doesn't matter.

My wife got involved because she wanted to.

The warranty department told me this was the last transmission they would warranty and my warranty would be voided because the truck was modded.... The sales rep and Eddie fixed it........

Your kind of a **** aren't you?

I'm a really good guy, who's gotten some bad transmissions...................... LOL

#17 ·
ANYONE WHO HAS TO TELL PEOPLE THEY'RE A "REALLY GOOD GUY" IS INSECURE AND NEEDS ATTENTION......OH WAIT THAT IS YOU.

YEARS OF THERAPY AWAITING YOUR OFFSPRING!

#19 ·
Ike you are a real pain, but so am I:wavey:

but your warranty will not be voided because of mods, talking to chad it wil voided if the "cable comes in adjsuted to the max" it must be adjusted correctly:fing02:
jsut let the tranny guys adjust it and let it go, they are frustrated, but then again so are we, I am just trying to give them time to correct the problems, and I understand yours too.
so please be patient, but your warranty want be voided because of a supercharger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.