SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of a Black one that is unspoken for. If anyone here is interested, let me know and I'll send you a phone number.

If anyone else has any leads (leads, not free adds), post them here. Woodhouse doesn't have enough QC's to give everyone in the country a great deal.:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow, that's somewhat surprising. I have had mine on order for 7 weeks now. It has been in D1 (built but sitting in the parking lot in mexico) status since late september. I was being told it will be the first one in central texas, although not sure I believe that anymore. Kind of irritating that I can't even get mine (also black) yet there is one setting somewhere looking for an owner. :mad: Ok, I'll stop whining now...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slbelt,
D1 is not built. Yours should be JS if in storage. Also, the one I wrote about hasn't hit the ground yet but is not spoken for. They believe it is on the rails right now.

BB review by fleet department
BD special equipment processing
BE edit error
BG passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL edit ok parts unavailable
BX passed edit available for schedule

Scheduled:
C sub firm
D firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built

Assembly Line:
E frame
F paint
G trim

Assembly Completed:
I built not ok'd
J built ok'd
JB shipped to body vendor
JE emission check
JS shipped to storage
KZ released by plant , invoiced

Shipping Status:
KZL released - not shipped
KZM first rail departure
KZN first rail arrival
KZO delayed/recieved
KZOA plant holds
KZOB zone/distribution holds
KZOC carrier delays
KZOD carrier holds
KZOE mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF show/test vehicle
KZOG damaged vehicle
KZOH all other reasons
KZT second rail departure
KZU second rail arrival
KZX delivered to dealer
KZY1 - major damage - must not be sold as new
KZY2 - major damage - vehicle sold at auction
ZA canceled

·
Registered
68 Posts
Slbelt,
I waited for my rc Ram to be built for 4 months. My cousin got his (ordered at the same time) at the beginning of January and there were two on show room floors with a $15k markup in the area, and still no truck.
At the end of January, I went to my ordering dealer and got back my deposit, found one on the Internet and flew to Austin to picked up the exact same truck (not too many options to choose from) for the same price (MSRP).
I'm glad I didn't wait, it took DC until June to build and deliver my ordered one.
Its a dealer allocation system, not about who has their money down. It does seem that Texas dealers get the trucks sooner and in greater quantities.
Taylor

·
Registered
29 Posts
9 seconds, wow very good info. Thanks for taking the time to document all of this. I think I will print it out and take it to the dealership. You make my dodge sales mgr look pretty bad. It's pretty bad when I get better info on the status of my truck from this forum than from my sales mgr and salesman. Those guys appear to know next to nothing. I have heard stories from "your truck is built but the hurricanes wiped out several rail cars so that's slowing it down" to "oh, they screwed up and were going to send yours out for a sunroof so it got in the wrong queue" to "oh, the yellow trucks displaced all other orders while those where built to completion". Then I heard, "well we really can't get any details on trucks being built in the mexico factory, you know there is a language issue". The saturday update was "well it's really not built all the way, they have to put the body cladding on yet so it's scheduled for that next". Today I got a call (first one to me) and was told "it's on a railcar heading for Laredo, it will then be trucked to the dealership and we will have it on 11/22". Honestly, I have quit pinging them and just going to wait til they call me after it arrives. They clearly don't have a clue.

SCVette, well since I am in Austin, hopefully that will work to my favor. Guess we'll see if it shows up on the 22nd....

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
slbelt,
If they know it's on a rail car ask them the car number. You can track it yourself online. I'll show you how. http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/ They do go through Laredo so he could be right. Better yet, get the VIN # and call Dodge yourself. 1-800-992-1997 If there is no VIN, it's not built.

·
Registered
29 Posts
9 secs, so I just get the railcar # from the dealer and enter it in the Equipment ID box on the web site you gave me?

I will call them tomorrow and try to get that. Today they told me a date (I think the 16th) that it is to arrive in Laredo then they said it rides a car carrier to Austin which typically takes around 5-7 days.

Will post what I found out. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rail car number will be something like "TTGX 997022"

I surely don't know everything but I think the dealer missed it again. There is an automobile destination facility North East of Austin . I can't remember the town. I don't think they truck them from the border.

·
Registered
29 Posts
9 secs,

I was told yesterday by the dealer that the truck was loaded into railcar CNA710800. I ran than number through the web site you gave me and got the following:
--------
Equipment ID L/E Billed Event Road Location Date/Time Destination
CNA710800 Empty P Interchange Delivered TFM Laredo, TX 11/08/04 21:33 Encantada, CU
--------
So, I am trying to decide if this was the last status of the rail car before it was reloaded in mexico with my truck and the web sit just isn't updated yet, or if my truck has really been dropped off in laredo on the 8th which is what this seems to say. I am going to call the dealer tomorrow with this info and see what they say.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
slbelt said:
--------
Equipment ID L/E Billed Event Road Location Date/Time Destination
CNA710800 Empty P Interchange Delivered TFM Laredo, TX 11/08/04 21:33 Encantada, CU
--------
Your right. It was delivered to Laredo. You'll be driving it in no time.

If you enter the rail car info here -> http://www.etfm.com.mx/localizacion_carros/default.asp?lang=1 you will see the rail car is already back in Saltillo.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I know of a Yellow coming in the next week too, ha! Who says we can't take care of getting everyone a Quad Cab -- it is my goal in life. Just sent one down to Dallas, and have a Black Reg Cab in stock, with a Yellow one still unspoken for. See, who loves ya baby, I have nothing better to do than stay immersed in Viperdom ( trucks and cars ), as I work for a wacko,passionate , Race Car Driving Dealer, who is more nutso on these things than even me. We may not be able to help everyone on the Forum, but I mean to try.

Willie Da P

Woodhouse Chrysler ,Dodge, and Jeep
1-800-889-1893

1 - 13 of 13 Posts