SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has been built in mid February, we are now going into April and my truck has still not been shipped to my dealer. I have been calling on a weekly basis to get an update on the status of my order. Last Thursday I called and they gave me the news that my truck was shipped to a plant in Sterling Heights, MI. I thought this was fantastic news scince I live only 10 miles from that location, so I think I'll be seeing my truck this week. Now being Tuesday I call to see if it was on its way, but once again customer service tells me that my truck can not be shipped due to a quality issue. It sucks SOOOO bad that it is so close but has something wrong with it. I was wondering does anyone know if this has anything to do with the recall situation that everyone is talking about? Or has anyone else gone through this problem whith their order? The last eight digits to the VIN# are 4G204692 so if anyone can give me any info I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
They might be wanting to work on the engine re-call before they deliver it to you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I'm thinking too, I hope that is all that it is. It would be nice for them to be able to tell you what type of problem they are concerned with. I would hate to have paid for the thing, take it home and then have to take it to get repaired while I'm paying my monthly payment. but I have been waiting a long time to get one of these and to have it drag out like this is torture.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hopefully they're getting whatever fixed so it never happens again. Good luck and I know you must hate the anticipation.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
jimmyg79 said:
My truck has been built in mid February, we are now going into April and my truck has still not been shipped to my dealer. I have been calling on a weekly basis to get an update on the status of my order. Last Thursday I called and they gave me the news that my truck was shipped to a plant in Sterling Heights, MI. I thought this was fantastic news scince I live only 10 miles from that location, so I think I'll be seeing my truck this week. Now being Tuesday I call to see if it was on its way, but once again customer service tells me that my truck can not be shipped due to a quality issue. It sucks SOOOO bad that it is so close but has something wrong with it. I was wondering does anyone know if this has anything to do with the recall situation that everyone is talking about? Or has anyone else gone through this problem whith their order? The last eight digits to the VIN# are 4G204692 so if anyone can give me any info I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
bubba, call the dailer chrysler center number and speak to a manager. tell them your situation and they can maybe get some answers for you. good luck, you WILL get your truck, i know it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The fix can be done at the dealership. About 6 hours. I don't think your delay is because of the Service Bulletin. When you do get it, make sure they have fixed the cam bolt problem. In fact, you would probably want it done at your dealership, this way you know it was done.

·
Registered
66 Posts
sautter said:
The fix can be done at the dealership. About 6 hours. I don't think your delay is because of the Service Bulletin. When you do get it, make sure they have fixed the cam bolt problem. In fact, you would probably want it done at your dealership, this way you know it was done.
I thought with this recall/service bulletin that you had to bring your truck into the dealer you got it from and then they had to take the motor out and ship it somewhere to get it fixed and then there was another part that was needed also but its on several weeks back order from Dodge. But did you pay for the truck already? I would be asking if I could have a knock off on the price for having to wait this long and still not have what I paid for. but either way man, good luck

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been calling almost every week scince my truck was completely built, which was more than two months ago. The first time I called they said it was on hold, two weeks went by and I called agai, this time they said it was randomly picked for a quality inspection, I waited a couple more weeks to call, and when I did they said it was shipped to storage. It sat in storage for more than a week, when it was finaly shipped to a plant in sterling heigts on 3/22/04. So I called again on Tuesday to see if it was shipped to the dealer yet but the customer service rep gave me the news that it was on hold for a quality issue. Now with all of this said, I know that the engines are assembled here in Michigan and than shipped to the Mexican assembly plant were they assemble the truck. So I think they relized the cam issue after it was built and now they are going to fix it in their facillity rather than shipping it, and having to pay a dealership to fix it. So I hope they have it all straight before the weather gets nice.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
FastSpecV said:
I thought with this recall/service bulletin that you had to bring your truck into the dealer you got it from and then they had to take the motor out and ship it somewhere to get it fixed and then there was another part that was needed also but its on several weeks back order from Dodge.
The "fix" is to check the torque on the cam bolts. It can be done by any SRT tech. The only parts needed are gaskets like the timing chain cover, etc. Only if it was too late does the engine have to come out.

jimmyg79,
I bet that's what's going on and you will get your truck already fixed. From the lists I've seen posted, most of the engines were in unsold vehicles. Especially the Vipers.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Im in the same boat

Hey Jimmy

I ordered red one from SH dodge back in early OCT got a von # in few days

i added the nav system right off the bat and it was on restriction but if i dropped the nav i could of had it in dec/Jan

and i did not really want until the weather broke in March anyway

My father works at Warren Stamping and his boss knows the big shots in Mex he pulled a few strings to get my truck built ( had it built in record time I was told)

when we checked it was held out for a problem (dont remember 110% but i will find out when i talk to dad in the morn) i think it was a heat shield issue

After 2 weeks it was put on a rail car ( a customer of mine works in shipping for DCX and again pulled strings)

as of Friday PM it was hitting the Sterling Hgts train yard

Today it still showed no more progress but the computers are not always updated (From the time it was on a rail car to the time the computer was upgrades was 6 days)

Hopefully i get her this week

Jamie

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You do'nt have to tell me about the computers not being updated. I called last tuesday as everyone knows, in which they told me it was on hold. Well my dealer called thursday to tell me that I was able to pick up the truck. Of course I did'nt beleive him because of it being April 1st but I did pick it up on Friday. It is AWSOME I allready have over 600 mile on it so now I can start having fun. :D

·
Registered
599 Posts
awww.. they sold it to someone else and ordered you another one..

J/K

Psssssssst.
the Michigan Doakota R/T club and Michigan Lightning owners club rented milan for 1/2 day near the end of April.

Please bring one of the srt-10, I want to see it in person.

(details contained in another thread on here)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts