SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After viewing this web page everyday for the past month I am definitely going to buy an SRT-10. But before I order, I wanted to ask you guys if either the CD Player/GPS or the in dash Changer is MP3 compatible? Not that this would stop me from ordering. I am currently deployed and the DC rep over here doesn't know much so I am limited to the Internet for information.
Thanks in advance for you help.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Flying low, I know that the 04's are not. I don't think the 05's are ethier. However the rest of DC's line is so I would expect they will be in 06.

·
Registered
52 Posts
2006 Trucks will have the full size, map based GPS radio as an option. This is the same radio that is available in the New Durango, 300C, Magnums, etc. It has a 6 disc CD changer that plays CDs, WMA, and MP3 format audio with a separate slot for the DVD map disc at the bottom of the radio. It is a very nice piece. The Subwoofers remain an integral part of the SRT10 audio system no matter what radio you get.

http://chicagoautoshow.com/neatstuff/whatsnew/gallerynew.asp?MODEL_ID=384
http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/mega_cab/gallery.html

There will not be woodgrain in the SRT10 but you get the idea. The center seat on the STD cab will also be replaced with an integrated center console and new shift ring with improved cup holders for those of you that like to have a beverage at your side while cornering at 0.9Gs...

-toohigh ;)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
FlyingLow said:
Thanks for the info Milo55. I am going to order a 2006 Silver QC next month. Have you heard of any changes to the 06's?
None to my knowledge, Hey you may want to talk with Bill Pemberton, He is a sponsor here and from what I hear a very knowledgeable dealer. It really is good to order a truck like this from someone who knows them. ;)

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
2high

Are there any changes to the front end like in the regular truck line?

Welcome flyinglow, get home safe man, we all appreciate what you all are doing.

patrick

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
toohighpsi said:
2006 Trucks will have the full size, map based GPS radio as an option. This is the same radio that is available in the New Durango, 300C, Magnums, etc. It has a 6 disc CD changer that plays CDs, WMA, and MP3 format audio with a separate slot for the DVD map disc at the bottom of the radio. It is a very nice piece. The Subwoofers remain an integral part of the SRT10 audio system no matter what radio you get.

http://chicagoautoshow.com/neatstuff/whatsnew/gallerynew.asp?MODEL_ID=384
http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/mega_cab/gallery.html

There will not be woodgrain in the SRT10 but you get the idea. The center seat on the STD cab will also be replaced with an integrated center console and new shift ring with improved cup holders for those of you that like to have a beverage at your side while cornering at 0.9Gs...

-toohigh ;)
That kills the 06 RAM SRT/10's for me then. One reason I didn't go with the Fords as they have that ****ty center console. By removing the center seat, they make is a two person seater. I personally use it for 3 people quite a bit, especially for girls at Daytona. Leave it to DC to **** up a perfectly good design. I suspect there is ZERO marketing data to support changing the interior. It certainly wasn't on any surverys or telephone calls I took.

Craig

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Milo

I am not going through a dealer like normal. The Military has a special car buying service that lets you get the car below MSRP and discounts on all the options. So the guy I am ordering it through really only has info on the most ordered cars. I am the first to even ask about the SRT-10 so I am kind of teaching him. Otherwise I probably would use your guy.

Maui

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Smoak

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
No problem man, And more power to you I am glad to hear that our service people can get something more than thanks for there commitment. Thanks!! And let us know how things are going!, Mike ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
That kills the 06 RAM SRT/10's for me then. One reason I didn't go with the Fords as they have that ****ty center console. By removing the center seat, they make is a two person seater. I personally use it for 3 people quite a bit, especially for girls at Daytona. Leave it to DC to **** up a perfectly good design. I suspect there is ZERO marketing data to support changing the interior. It certainly wasn't on any surverys or telephone calls I took.

Craig
LOL! I would love to see how anyone can comfortably sit in that middle seat when the stick is in their crotch! Watch out ladies, here comes 2nd! :D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
PimpDadd said:
LOL! I would love to see how anyone can comfortably sit in that middle seat when the stick is in their crotch! Watch out ladies, here comes 2nd! :D
Yea, that is part of the fun. Normally the ladies sit with their legs to the right of the shifter. Occasionally you get the wild one that wants you to drive everywhere in 2nd or 4th :)

Craig

1 - 11 of 11 Posts