SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, guys I need a little help. I am going to put stripes on my black SRT-10
I am having problems making my mind up on what color, so I would like to put it to a vote. The colors are:

1)Candy apple red with metal flakes

2)Silver with metal flakes

3)Gold with metal flakes

Also if I go with gold should I repaint the calipers to match?

Thx for your help, I'll post pics of the finished product when done.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well of the colors you said i would go with the silver. on the other hand i'm going to paint mine charcoal gray and the wheels will get "blackchromed" :D :cool:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Silver with metal flakes.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
iam not a fan of red, but you will have a better chance of seeing another black truck with silver stripes, than you will a black truck with red stripes. IMO

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow silver sure it the prefered color. I am going down next week and get a quote on the paint job. I'll let you guys now how it goes.. & Begood that's a dam valid point, I'll have to think about that one :)

Thx for all the comments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Try something different and checker the strip with a light blue checker. Get someone to animate it but it would look hot..

·
Registered
95 Posts
I already voted for silver and you did not ask for opinions on other colors, but have you seen pearlescent (sp??) white? It is white with very tiny flakes (I do not know if the flakes are silver or another shade of white) but the effect is quite striking and unique. It looks like the color of very high quality pearls.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Silver

Silver be DA way to go with da stripe thingeys. Silver would look very good IMHO. Jack

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
I'm not a fan of stripes, but you said 'everyone', so I replied. :D

Even when I was looking at Vipers before I bought this truck, I was only interested in those without stripes. NOT that I don't think they look cool, they're just not for me.

Whatever you decide on, please post pics when done! :cool:

·
Registered
966 Posts
I vote for da Gold!

Titan said:
Ok, guys I need a little help. I am going to put stripes on my black SRT-10
I am having problems making my mind up on what color, so I would like to put it to a vote. The colors are:

1)Candy apple red with metal flakes

2)Silver with metal flakes

3)Gold with metal flakes

Also if I go with gold should I repaint the calipers to match?

Thx for your help, I'll post pics of the finished product when done.
No leave the calipers alone...that red looks good in the tight space...good contrast..but what I would do, and I am contemplating this as well, re-do the badging to match...make it gold...would be a nice touch!

Dallas :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3bigdogs said:
I already voted for silver and you did not ask for opinions on other colors, but have you seen pearlescent (sp??) white? It is white with very tiny flakes (I do not know if the flakes are silver or another shade of white) but the effect is quite striking and unique. It looks like the color of very high quality pearls.
That would look sharp, wish I could see that painton something.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
go black with silver stripes......as far as seeing another black one with silver stripes???? I kinda doubt it unless you live in the srt10 capitol of the solar system??? I mean how many srt10's do you see in a month anyway???? Sounds like most of us see one or two a month

patrick

·
Registered
356 Posts
.......silver!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Titan, I like silver! That would look awsome I think. However, my truck is silver, and is getting striped as we speak! I can't remember the color, but it is a shade or two darker than the silver on the truck already. Sort of like a ghost stripe! I'll post pic's when done! Anyways, go with silver!

·
Registered
732 Posts
in the Dakota R/T club a buddy has a black rc r/t with a ghost matte black bumble bee stripe and it is killer, plus in the right lihgt it has a sparkle to it

Jamie

my vote matte black on a shiny black truck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts