SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering, we plan to tow with the QC and do mild mods, delete cats, headers , cat back, and filter. But will the Vec 2 work with the QC and automatic, or are there going to be another different programer for the QC? I have allready noticed the QC seems to be much richer than the RC it seems, so I was thinking that MPG would increase as well as towing at cruising RPMs. Your input would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I would think it would work perfect. The Vec2 has nothing to do with Tranny control. Only timming, air/fuel mixture and individual jet control. And probably some other things that I don't know about. I do know you can also control the RPM limiter. Dave said he could program a Valet card so when you gotta turn your truck over to the young punk it won't go over whatever RPM you Limit it too. Like maybe 1500!!! ;)

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HE HE !!! now thats a cool idea when I hit the road and leave the RC with my wife!!!!!!!! Yeah I think it will work fine also, just wanted to maybe get 2 cents worth from Sean. She's averaging about 11.7 mpg now with the QC and we have the k&n coming, and plan to catback, delete cats and maybe shorty headers for kicks. And I thought using the Vec 2 to lean out the richness not only would give it more power but improved mpg at cruise.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Stinker, She must still be babying it, 11.7, Hell i don't get that on my regular cab. lol :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
We put a VEC2 in a QC today.
It works as well as in the RC trucks.
The SAE corrected numbers (correction factor .99) were around 452 RWHP and 475 RWTQ after tuning. I only had to make one small fuel RPM table adjustment to our base program.
The truck was a stock QC with CAI, no cats and VEC2.

Regards,
Sean

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks sean thats what I needed to know, and Milo she's only getting that back and forth to work, thats not weekend mpg.lololol!! :D

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quoteszone let me know if after you get done playing(lol) if you notice any difference in fuel economy, thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts