SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Craig,

I am curious as to the differences in power ,if any, there is between your 3 trucks (i am so dam jealous). Any one of them seem to stand out over the others.

I know there are no 2 trucks alike, I am curious though as to how close they are in performance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Marc T said:
Hey Craig,

I am curious as to the differences in power ,if any, there is between your 3 trucks (i am so dam jealous). Any one of them seem to stand out over the others.

I know there are no 2 trucks alike, I am curious though as to how close they are in performance.
Im pretty sure he hasn't got them back yet, unless he posted those pics a long time after he took them.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Marc T said:
Hey Craig,

Regarding stock performance the Red one felt stronger/more powerful. I purchased the black one on 2/18/04 (my birthday). It already had 700+ miles on it (It was at daytona the weekend before, and the guys that drove it signed a nascar certificate for it). You could stand hard on it, and it would lay strips of black sideways down my street, even smoke the tires in 2nd, and hard bark 3rd. The Red one I purchased on 3/11/04 after my black one was at the dealer damn near 20 days. After 500 or so miles, it was definately stronger than the Black one, the clutch quickly went out, that one was in the shop too. I got the silver one while both the red & black where in the shop. The silver by far was the weakest. I didn't manage to get 50 miles on it, and white smoke came out from under the cab and the vehicle wouldn't move ;)

I should have the Red back from Hennessey Performance by the middle/end of June, and the Silver one 30/60 days after that. I'll ask John to post before and after Dyno's of both vehicles. If I can't beat someone with the Stock Black one, I'll get the Red one, if that won't do it, I'll grab the Silver one, and that should :D

A note on handling. The black is the roughest of the rides, yet will take a 90 degree corner at 40+mph without the rear end breaking loose. The Red one rides the next best, but the same corner I can only take it at <30mph. The silver one has the smoothest, best ride, almost car like. I haven't cornered or driven it nearly as hard as the other two.

Craig

·
Registered
974 Posts
Well the rest of us, just ordinary guys can only afford 1 srt-10 LoL. Nice setup by the way those mods are going to rock. Make sure you take one to your local track and spank a ford lighting for us... :cool: be sure to take pics...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hamrhead said:
All of us could afford two if we just stop putting gas in them. :rolleyes:
No Kidding- $2.50 a gallon here for premium and that's at costco. It's unreal! i spend like 100 bucks on the weekend just to drive around doing my stuff. :eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Titan said:
Well the rest of us, just ordinary guys can only afford 1 srt-10 LoL. Nice setup by the way those mods are going to rock. Make sure you take one to your local track and spank a ford lighting for us... :cool: be sure to take pics...
It's Lightning, btw. ;)

He better smoke a bunch of them with those mods. He should certainly smoke mine. All I have is a $210 4lb pulley. However, I am always willing to give it a try. Win or lose is fine with me. I certainly realize that there is always something faster out there.

SRTX3, if you are ever looking for a family to adopt. :D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
01LightningGal said:
It's Lightning, btw. ;)

He better smoke a bunch of them with those mods. He should certainly smoke mine. All I have is a $210 4lb pulley. However, I am always willing to give it a try. Win or lose is fine with me. I certainly realize that there is always something faster out there.

SRTX3, if you are ever looking for a family to adopt. :D
HAHA. Yea, I get that a lot. Especially when people see the 04 Escalade ESV, 04 Hemi 4x4 Quad Cab (22"s w/ 345's, Roll-n-Lock, Amtrack Trainhorn, Strobes, 8-12" Kicker L712's and 24Kw of power).

Craig

·
Registered
974 Posts
If I may ask, what do you do for a living SRT10x3 ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
SRT10x3....If you ever need a young whippersnapper to help take care of those trucks, be sure to let me know....I am always looking for a different job.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Titan said:
If I may ask, what do you do for a living SRT10x3 ?
I little of this, a little of that :).

I own a medical billing company. A nutritional supplement company (Trimspa, Metabolife, type products). An internet hosting company, and a Retail Computer Store.

Craig

·
Registered
139 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
Regarding stock performance the Red one felt stronger/more powerful. I purchased the black one on 2/18/04 (my birthday). It already had 700+ miles on it (It was at daytona the weekend before, and the guys that drove it signed a nascar certificate for it). You could stand hard on it, and it would lay strips of black sideways down my street, even smoke the tires in 2nd, and hard bark 3rd. The Red one I purchased on 3/11/04 after my black one was at the dealer damn near 20 days. After 500 or so miles, it was definately stronger than the Black one, the clutch quickly went out, that one was in the shop too. I got the silver one while both the red & black where in the shop. The silver by far was the weakest. I didn't manage to get 50 miles on it, and white smoke came out from under the cab and the vehicle wouldn't move ;)

I should have the Red back from Hennessey Performance by the middle/end of June, and the Silver one 30/60 days after that. I'll ask John to post before and after Dyno's of both vehicles. If I can't beat someone with the Stock Black one, I'll get the Red one, if that won't do it, I'll grab the Silver one, and that should :D

A note on handling. The black is the roughest of the rides, yet will take a 90 degree corner at 40+mph without the rear end breaking loose. The Red one rides the next best, but the same corner I can only take it at <30mph. The silver one has the smoothest, best ride, almost car like. I haven't cornered or driven it nearly as hard as the other two.

Craig
I'm from Sanford, Florida and my black one was also at Daytona and picked up by Bob Dance in Sanford where I purchased it. I had 400 miles on it before I took it back for the cam bolt check. I now have almost 3,000 miles and its seems to get stronger. I haven't seen another on the road since I purchased mine. Your the closest person in the area that I know of now, but I only have one, not 3. Let me know if you ever get to Sanford area.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine was also on the track at Daytona. It feels really strong in first through second, however I am having problems hitting third with a full load on it, I hope this new clutch will solve the problem, maybe its me :confused: I have owned alot of manual autos and trucks in my days and this is deffinitely the most finnicky when it comes to third.

Then again most of my manual trannys were 4 speeds, alot less room for error there.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
sautter said:
I'm from Sanford, Florida and my black one was also at Daytona and picked up by Bob Dance in Sanford where I purchased it. I had 400 miles on it before I took it back for the cam bolt check. I now have almost 3,000 miles and its seems to get stronger. I haven't seen another on the road since I purchased mine. Your the closest person in the area that I know of now, but I only have one, not 3. Let me know if you ever get to Sanford area.
I eat at Logans nearly every week (by the Sanford mall), or at Steak n Shake. I'm 20 mins from there.. I love to trounce on 46. Watch out for me, I'm the light flasher, horn honker, green lane driving fool in a hurry to get my grub on :)

Craig

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Marc T said:
Mine was also on the track at Daytona. It feels really strong in first through second, however I am having problems hitting third with a full load on it, I hope this new clutch will solve the problem, maybe its me :confused: I have owned alot of manual autos and trucks in my days and this is deffinitely the most finnicky when it comes to third.

Then again most of my manual trannys were 4 speeds, alot less room for error there.
It isn't you, that is one of the signs of the tranny problem. .

Craig

·
Registered
61 Posts
Clutch & Power

sautter said:
Just chimin' in...at about 2800 miles my truck seemed to start running much stronger. I'm at 3200 miles now and stretching the smile on my face every time I hit the gas. 1st gear is ok, 2nd is really strong, 3rd is incredible (definetely the strongest pulling gear). I've heard some chattering in my gearbox on a few occassions, but only in the morning when things are cold.

Has anyone thought of trying redline synthetic oil in the tranny to reduce the shifting friction? It helped in a huge way in a 88' MR-2 S/C I owned.

P.s. Still don't have a wheel to replace my defective that was shipped to Auburn Hills at DC's request. Opened a case w/ DC Customer Care. On the positive side, at least I'm keeping the miles off my truck since it's parked at the dealer and can't be driven :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Marc T said:

3rd is kind of a tough one to hit. For me, when I want to smack gears at WOT, I hit the power pedal button and bring the pedals closer to me. I have a tendency to NOT fully depress the clutch pedal when I'm in a hurry, so this helps out mucho. :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts