SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my truck back today from the dealer. They replaced the clutch, flywheel, throwout bearing, etc. The clutch used to be pretty darn heavy. Now it feels like a mini cooper's clutch.

My question to all of you is did the same change take place for you?

I've had my truck for a year and it has 5000 miles. The clutch felt heavy from day one. It shuttered at take off and slipped on hills. But it felt like a "truck" clutch. Now it feels like a rice rocket's!

Just want to know if this is how the clutch should feel?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
You have air in the line my friend. Do not let them tell you differently. Take it out and run it hard through the gears and see if it becomes difficult to put in first and reverse. This will verify air in the line. You gotta get it hot!!

This is the same thing that happened to my truck. I took it back, got them to install the Viper slave and mastercylinders and re-bleed the system. It felt like new again. I had the same easy pedal feel you described and after the up-grade it felt like a clutch should!!

Heres a link on how to properly bleed the clutch.

http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So much for "Viper Techs" being any better at fixing a vehicle.
Will I damage the truck by driving it very gingerly? That is untill I bring it back.

What exactly did you say to get them to replace the stock slave with a viper one? I'm bringing the truck back to them Monday morning and want all my ducks lined up when I fire on them.

Thankyou

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
galoot said:
So much for "Viper Techs" being any better at fixing a vehicle.
Will I damage the truck by driving it very gingerly? That is untill I bring it back.

What exactly did you say to get them to replace the stock slave with a viper one? I'm bringing the truck back to them Monday morning and want all my ducks lined up when I fire on them.

Thankyou
The stock clutch slave and master cylinders are made of plastic. The Vipers are some kind of compsite material. Have your Viper Mechanic call the Viper mechanic at Jacksonville dodge. He is very good and was very helpfull in taking care of this problem for me. His name is Bam Bam, I know, I know, but he,s a great guy and a very good mech. I,m sure he would share info with your Mech.

I don't think you will hurt anything as long as your clutch is disengaging and you are not grinding gears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts