SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has done one and if so what is the lowest temp out.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I could have sworn I read somewhere that the 05s(most likley the 04s too) use a 180 degree thermostat. With that, I am not sure you would want to go colder unless you live where it is always warm or your truck is put away during the winter months.

Mark

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sitedrifter said:
I could have sworn I read somewhere that the 05s(most likley the 04s too) use a 180 degree thermostat. With that, I am not sure you would want to go colder unless you live where it is always warm or your truck is put away during the winter months.

Mark
I thought they were 195's. I live in TX, it is hot as **** here and with your foot in this thing it is pushing some heat. The cooler it is the better it runs.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Unless your moving down the road, they won't lower the temp. The PCM will still control when the fan comes on and off. Try calling Sean Roe or Woodhouse. They can help you with the benefits.

·
Registered
599 Posts
maybe this will help.

The "L" computer controls tming and A/F Ratio. Many people have put cooler than stock (stock is 170) thermostats in their trucks (160-150) and have only had problems. See the Computer uses a different fuel table when the engine is "cold". Once the truck reaches normal operating temp. the Computer switches over to the "regular" fuel tables and this is what the tune is based off of.

Many people let the trucks cool down completely before they do a dyno run, and that gives INCORRECT NUMBERS! since you are using the operating fuel tables. A few people have also been tuned with a cold engine, only to have problems down the road.

Back in the '60-70 a cooler thermostat worked, but not with todays vehicles.

Perhaps the Srt is different, but I doubt it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts