SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is there still an issue on how much oil goes in the 04 srt rc. I was just wondering because mine took 11qts today. I had it changed at the dealer and even told him about the manual saying 8.5. he said he stopped at 8.5 and then checked it and it still showed 2.5qts short. Just checking if that was still an issue. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
I just changed mine this past Saturday. It took 8.5 quarts and the dip stick measured 3/4 between the low and high marks (closer to the high mark). I plan to watch mine over the next several days and add 1/2 quart more if the dip stick drops any.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I give up then, because I even checked it and it is right on full, no more and no less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
srt-10again said:
I give up then, because I even checked it and it is right on full, no more and no less.

Well, I guess I am wrong, I just let it sit for a bit and checked it again, it is over. Those mother *(&*(* 's I guess I will be back at the dealer today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
When I bought my oil filter at the dealer, the parts guy told me to use 10 quarts of oil. He said that is how much their Viper technician uses when he does the dealer oil changes. Based on my dip stick reading, I could sure see using another 1/2 quart to make for 9 total, and maybe 10 total at the very most, but 11 must be way too much. I bet you have some very frothy oil sloshing around. I would drain some of that off ASAP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
srt-10again said:
Hey is there still an issue on how much oil goes in the 04 srt rc. I was just wondering because mine took 11qts today. I had it changed at the dealer and even told him about the manual saying 8.5. he said he stopped at 8.5 and then checked it and it still showed 2.5qts short. Just checking if that was still an issue. Thanks

And I think her in lies the problem with RAM SRT/10's regarding dealer service. They can't even get the amount of oil right.. :)

I think only 5 star dealers have a viper tech on staff. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Craig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
I think only 5 star dealers have a viper tech on staff. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Craig
Not the case up here! The dealer I buy from used to be a 5 star dealer, but not anymore and they have the only Viper Tech in town. The other dealer that is a 5 star dealer doesn't. I was told (key word Told) that only dealers with Viper techs could get RAM SRT-10's, but I am not sure that's the case :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,803 Posts
srt-10again said:
Well, I guess I am wrong, I just let it sit for a bit and checked it again, it is over. Those mother *(&*(* 's I guess I will be back at the dealer today.

SRT again, I was through this somewhat extensive in this thread
http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783


I have to bring mine in on thursday for a new rear seal, its still leaking after I drained it down. I know of atleast one other forum member this has happened to. maybe we should make this a STICKY!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
And I think her in lies the problem with RAM SRT/10's regarding dealer service. They can't even get the amount of oil right.. :)

I think only 5 star dealers have a viper tech on staff. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Craig
Amex Craig. The moral of the story is if you find a great - **** GOOD Viper tech. Take GREAT care of him. I know you know the drill bubba...you take care of him...he'll take good care of you!

Now! The hard part of that is finding one. I trucked my truck nearly 500 miles away to have my warranty work done!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
oil

Man they must be pouring short quarts!! I personally changed my own, used 2 five quart gallons from Walmart, I have 1 1/2qt. left in the last one. ML
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
966 Posts
first oil change

I looked at my work sheet from the dealer (first oil change receipt) and it stated that they put in 9 quarts of mobil 1... must be the short quarts as stated earlier?
first oil change was $16 and some change...the next one (at the dealr) would be about $135.00...now why is dat?
I just got a 6 pack of Mobil one from Costco for $24.95, (plus have some left over in the garage to make up the diff)...talk about a mark up! Basically 24.95 or so for materials/oil, $6.50 for oil filter from Mopar and a fair hourly rate of $28.00....plus tax of course...would not add up to $135.00!
must be that fuzzy math i have heard about...

d ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
Dallas said:
I looked at my work sheet from the dealer (first oil change receipt) and it stated that they put in 9 quarts of mobil 1... must be the short quarts as stated earlier?

The trucks take 8.5 to 8.75qts of oil at an oil filter and oil change. The dealer is going to charge you for that extra .5qt he did not use ;)


Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Milo55 said:
SRT again, I was through this somewhat extensive in this thread
http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783


I have to bring mine in on thursday for a new rear seal, its still leaking after I drained it down. I know of atleast one other forum member this has happened to. maybe we should make this a STICKY!!!!

I hear you man. I am happy with the tech we have here in town, he just needs to not look at the computer screen for his info on oil changes. I guess they have some tech line they look at, it says the wrong amount of oil I guess. Well he knows now, he is a good guy, he said he will do all my mods at home for me if needed, I will have to think about that!!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,596 Posts
Dallas said:
I looked at my work sheet from the dealer (first oil change receipt) and it stated that they put in 9 quarts of mobil 1... must be the short quarts as stated earlier?
first oil change was $16 and some change...the next one (at the dealr) would be about $135.00...now why is dat?
I just got a 6 pack of Mobil one from Costco for $24.95, (plus have some left over in the garage to make up the diff)...talk about a mark up! Basically 24.95 or so for materials/oil, $6.50 for oil filter from Mopar and a fair hourly rate of $28.00....plus tax of course...would not add up to $135.00!
must be that fuzzy math i have heard about...

d ;)
Please do not take this as an attack, but when was the last time anyone seen a shop that had an hourly rate of $28.00 per hour? I have seen posted rates range from $80.00 to $120.00 per hour. These rates would put it in the $135.00 range.

I agree the poor grease monkey changing the oil is not making even $28.00 per hour, but the shop is making a whole lot more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,270 Posts
Silverback said:
Please do not take this as an attack, but when was the last time anyone seen a shop that had an hourly rate of $28.00 per hour? I have seen posted rates range from $80.00 to $120.00 per hour. These rates would put it in the $135.00 range.

I agree the poor grease monkey changing the oil is not making even $28.00 per hour, but the shop is making a whole lot more.
Taking in to account 30 min.for an oil change that would be $56.00 /hr.Still lower than the $70.00-80.00 hourly rate at dealerships/shops I realize.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
966 Posts
Silverback...that $28.00 was just a number

Silverback said:
Please do not take this as an attack, but when was the last time anyone seen a shop that had an hourly rate of $28.00 per hour? I have seen posted rates range from $80.00 to $120.00 per hour. These rates would put it in the $135.00 range.

I agree the poor grease monkey changing the oil is not making even $28.00 per hour, but the shop is making a whole lot more.
that was jsut a number i was throwing out in conversation..being kinda sarcastic...
I know the tech rates are higher...i mean the oil chg is $135.00...that was the quote i got when the ser guy came out...but then i reminded him that this was my first oil change (and last, cuz i will be doing them)..heh heh...
no offense taken...

Dallas :D
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top