SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Their called SRT now.

I know you guys have questions. I talked the ears off of a few guys today including the head of the SRT-10 Ram project. Be specific and I'll make sure they hear them.

Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
SRT formerly known as PVO

Yeah,

I met some of the team at Daytona and they explained that the new name is "Street And Racing Technology" and stressed the and between the street and racing.

They seemed unsure as to exactly the reasons behind, but mentioned marketing and branding techniques...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Roadrunner said:
Yeah,

I met some of the team at Daytona and they explained that the new name is "Street And Racing Technology" and stressed the and between the street and racing.

They seemed unsure as to exactly the reasons behind, but mentioned marketing and branding techniques...
I could see why they would change there name. When you say srt peeps know it refers to dodge. When you say pvo people that dont know where like what?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Vin Numbers

anyone know how to read the vin number of their truck to find out which number it is out of the approximate 2800 being made. Thought it would be fun to know

·
Registered
18 Posts
That would be tough, the VIN's are incremented for all trucks built at Saltillo (including about 150k/year Heavy duty rams), so the vins are not serialized like say (0001 through 3000). However, your dealer or the dodge number might be able to tell you the build date. And from that you could figure out how early it is.

The only numbered builds were the VCA edition rams with the dash plaques. (1 though 50).

Maybe the engine numbers would tell more?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts