1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In drag racing "circles" :D

the quickest car/truck is the one with the lowest E.T

the fastest is normally considered the one with the highest MPH

so lets see some track #'s to see what is the quickest color and what is the fastest color. :)

Because we all know that Black is the Best looking color on any vehicle!!

thought for the day
If you have time to turn, you are going to damn slow!! :cool:

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
rtr0id said:

so lets see some track #'s to see what is the quickest color and what is the fastest color. :)

thought for the day
Hmmm...This oughta fire `em up. :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
335 Posts
quick-fast

Well SAID
gearheadbill

·
Registered
621 Posts
rtr0id said:

thought for the day

Here's the thing, we would be comparing apples and oranges. The driver would have to be the same in all of the colors. I mean, it is just the basic facts that help us answer the "What color is fastest, or quickest?" question. For instance, we know that all the body panels must be perfect in order for it to get painted black. Thus creating a much more aerodynamic vehicle. Plus the fact that yes, it is the best looking color! We officially have both ends of the "cool" factor covered. Fastest and best looking! LOL

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yellow is the fastest and the rarest !! :D :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Black, four hours ago...

13.116 @ 108.04 2.078 60'
13.132 @ 107.64 2.086 60'

CAI, 3" exhaust w/ crossover, cats removed, 02 sims, dual borla xr-1's, vec-2, 4.56's

stock tires @ 22 lbs

tailgate up, 2/3 tank of gas, 325 lb driver, lots of dead weight (stereo)

81 degrees, very humid, at sea level

Off topic, but the wife's grand cherokee ran a 15.78 @ 85.10. Not bad for the mommy mobile.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Come on Guys, Why do you think that most rockets are SILVER? :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Milo55 said:
Come on Guys, Why do you think that most rockets are SILVER? :D
Yeah but everyone knows it is easier to cut against than to cut with the grain in the air. What about the SR-71 aka the BLACKbird (you know the Government could never be wrong!) , or the Spirit of 76' the worlds fastest single engine piston car! Both...what!...BLACK!
Of course it is hard for me to tell because mine is black and has the speed flames, which EVERYONE knows adds tons of horsepower.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
quoteszone said:
Black, four hours ago...

CAI, 3" exhaust w/ crossover, cats removed, 02 sims, dual borla xr-1's, vec-2, 4.56's

stock tires @ 22 lbs

Off topic, but the wife's grand cherokee ran a 15.78 @ 85.10. Not bad for the mommy mobile.
Very Nice numbers!! With 1/4 tank of gas, and a lighter driver ;) you will be in the twelves!!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
How are you launching to get your sixty time so low????? It's what is killing me. What rpm are you shifting at? Our track opens Sat. night. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

thx patrick

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm almost bogging it coming out of the hole. Basically clutch out to just before engagement, Let clutch out with just a drop of gas, doing by ear, maybe 1000 rpms, if that. Then mash it once it's rolling. I'm shifting at about 5500. All my dyno's showed peak horse at 5400, then deep drop offs. First time I went to track was shifting at redline, and only hit a 14.4 when stock w/ a 2.4 60'.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
BlueFlame said:
What about the SR-71 aka the BLACKbird (you know the Government could never be wrong!) , or the Spirit of 76' the worlds fastest single engine piston car! Both...what!...BLACK!
Of course it is hard for me to tell because mine is black and has the speed flames, which EVERYONE knows adds tons of horsepower.
Don't parts of the SR-71 start glowing RED when it reaches speed? And what color is the space shuttle upon re-entry? Bright RED isn't it? The tiles only go back to black after it slows down.

Okay, I will conceed that I have to spot you the extra hp for the flames.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
quoteszone said:
Don't forget to air down your tires, I ran 22 lbs. Next time I might even try 20.

Thanks for the ideas!!!! Coming outta the hole has been hard. My tire pressure has always been full. I will try lowering it. When I shift to second at 5500 I always get serious tire spin....real bad. Was thinking about trying shifting earlier about 5k or so to avoid all that spin.

patrick

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
quoteszone said:
Black, four hours ago...

stock tires @ 22 lbs

Yup, good numbers. That truck definitely has a 12 in it. Either better weather or a better 60' and you got it!

Are you powershifting it?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not powershifting. Fully off the gas when clutch is in. Spins second really hard, some definitive wheel hop. Third and Fourth spin a little too.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
In that case you've got some really good times then! :cool:

Maybe find a track that's a bit stickier?

And Pump Up your front tires so they roll easier!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts