SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from working on Labor Day (thats what you get owning your own gig) and a black s2k comes up next to me. I have seen the guy around a lot. He isnt a kid and really takes care of his car. Well the light turns green and I start to go NOT fast at all, well he jumps on it and takes off. Well being who I am I of course could not let this little toy looking car beat me so I floored the hot rod. He whined it out and hit second gear at this time he was half a car on me, he of course got the jump me ( didnt know he was gonna go). Well I changed gears about 5500 and had him beat then, hit second and started to pull away even more, hit third and had almost a car lengh on him and let off. He of course kept on it, stoplight was ahead and would not look back or wave at all. There was car in my lane so the racing was done. My first thouhts were, wow, I should have beaten him much more but looked it up online and noticed they only weigh 2800 lbs and have 240 hp. 1/4 mile times stock are like ours, high 13's. His only noticable mod was exhaust. Knowing that, I will take this kill as my first true kill......the minivans dont count :confused: :rolleyes:

patrick

·
Registered
29 Posts
good one. i owned an 04 and those little roadsters are no slouch.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Damn good thing you weren't behind him when you floored it. That BIG V10 might have sucked that little rice pattie crap-mobile right down the throat of your throttle body and into the intake, where it would've gotten stuck for sure, and you would have had to explain to the Dodge Service Manager how it happened, and why it should be covered under warranty! :eek: :p

So I guess that's a Good Kill! Apparantly those little sh!tboxes run somewhat decent once you wind them up to about 7,000 rpm's. :D

·
Registered
974 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
Coming home from working on Labor Day (thats what you get owning your own gig) and a black s2k comes up next to me. I have seen the guy around a lot. He isnt a kid and really takes care of his car. Well the light turns green and I start to go NOT fast at all, well he jumps on it and takes off. Well being who I am I of course could not let this little toy looking car beat me so I floored the hot rod. He whined it out and hit second gear at this time he was half a car on me, he of course got the jump me ( didnt know he was gonna go). Well I changed gears about 5500 and had him beat then, hit second and started to pull away even more, hit third and had almost a car lengh on him and let off. He of course kept on it, stoplight was ahead and would not look back or wave at all. There was car in my lane so the racing was done. My first thouhts were, wow, I should have beaten him much more but looked it up online and noticed they only weigh 2800 lbs and have 240 hp. 1/4 mile times stock are like ours, high 13's. His only noticable mod was exhaust. Knowing that, I will take this kill as my first true kill......the minivans dont count :confused: :rolleyes:

patrick

Good kill, I'll have some news when I can get some time off. I really think we all should be looking at some kinda of light weight parts, if we could loose 1000 lbs man whoo :)

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good one Hamrhead!!!!

The little ricee was so wound up I thought it might pop like a pimple!!! I on the other hand felt like the viper motor was just cruising when I changed at 5500. There is no substitute for good ole fashion American Muscle!!!!!!!!! :D Yeah baby!!

patrick

·
Registered
4 Posts
The S2000 motor are pretty slow off the line unless, you totally beat the crap out of it with a high rpm launch. I drove my friends and it was doggy even at 5000 rpm. The power band is 7000-9000rpm. I think they trap around 100mph stock so a SRT10 probably have the advantage at speed, your lowend torque saved you once the honda got the jump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts