SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed the Vice-President of DaimlerChrysler to see what answer I would get on Ram SRT 10 production numbers for 2004. His reply was that they do not release the production numbers on limited production units and he was not at liberty to disclose that number.
That sucks!!! What do ya think?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think you should give each and everyone of us his e-mail address so we can all e-mail him. That's bullshit!! What does he mean, "He's not at liberty to say..." What a load of crap. That the kind of BS customer service that makes never want to buy another Dodge. He could have at least said, "I don't know." or "The numbers aren't out yet." You know, your typical DC BS to keep us stringing along. "They don't release the production number..." that too is crap. They sit there and hype it up that there was only 3000 of them made, but we're not gonna tell you what number you got. My buddy with his Cobra got a little cert. in the mail with his number on it, plus a bunch of other crap. And what do we get... "Uh sorry... but I'm not at liberty to say cause I'm a douche bag."

Sorry, as you can see I'm a little pissed off about this. I've been screwed over time and time again by Dodge (mostly little stuff, but enough of it to warrant a rant), and I'm sick of it.

Have a nice day! :D

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Yeah really post his email for all of us......ford has got it right when they tell each svt buyer what his number is out of the total made....its like art man...."I got number 2112 out of 3000 made"..... and all those ford guys are stoked and proud about it.....the limited availability pitch is a great marketing pitch and they need to use it fully....unless of course it wasnt limited and they made 50000 of them???? doubt it though.... Isnt DC a publicly held company???? yes, so wouldnt that info be available to the public????

get all fired up man!!!

patrick

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
DC customer service, dealer service and general after sale attitude S#(ks. I get better treatment and service at the corner ATM, and it's a machine, than from Dodge. This is the first new Dodge I have purchased since I bought a new Dodge van in 1972. Now I remember why I only kept it 9 months. Apathety all the way from the top to the bottom. Poor after sales service. And I worked as a manager for the Dodge dealer at that time. The truck is OK but the warranty and service attitude just Blows. I dislike institutions with something to hide and DC just added one more reason never to do business with them again. IMHO........................Jack

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I to feel sorry that DC won't wake up and give this kind of stuff to you as owners.
Your trucks are more limited than our Ls and , are awsome Trucks. You should have at LEAST a Certificate with build # .

I will be more than Happy to send an E-mail to the A-hole myself, who knows if enough of the compition sends e-mails Thanking them for driveing thier customers over to our side they might cough up the $5.00 it'll cost to print a Cert. Hell they should've learned at least that from elem. school.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
email address for the VP of DC

The email address for the Vice President is, [email protected]. Like I say he thanked me for my purchase of the truck but wasn't at liberty to release the numbers.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the email address. Corvette has been providing a matrix of numbers on yearly production since atleast the mid 1990's...# of coupes vs convertibles, exterior paint color breakdown, autos vs stick, Z51 handling packages. Check out www.corvetteforum.com and you will see a great matrix sheet. DC should atleast provide production units...they are spending enough on national TV commercials...why not flaunt the #'s??

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
This Is Why Dodge Will ALWAYS Be #3. I Have Raced And Own Dodge Cars And Trucks For 30 Years. May Be Some Day Someone Will **** No Will Never.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Well boys,Here is the response I got from the letter I wrote on our production #`s.While it isn`t for sure,I think it is a step in the right direction.Heck he did at least answer me.I included a copy of the letter that I wrote.

Mr. Breiner: Because you and several other folks have written about the value of a numbers plaque for SRT vehicles, the team is taking a look at if/how those kind of plaques might be done. No decisions yet, but they're looking at it.

(I saw some of the stuff on this issue in the chat rooms. While I was flattered that somebody thought I was a vice president, the nasty names I was being called convinced me I'm better off as just a worker ant...)

Dan

D.W. Bodene
Motorsports & SRT Public Relations and Communications
DaimlerChrysler Corporation
Tieline: Outside:
E-mail: [email protected]

"Mr.Dave Breiner" <[email protected]>
10/23/2004 09:48 PM
To <[email protected]>
cc
Subject Re: Production Numbers of the Ram SRT-10

Original Message :

To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 3:27 PM
Subject: Production Numbers of the Ram SRT-10

> Dear Sir,
>
> I understand that the release of the production #`s are a secret for our
> trucks.I was hoping to get the sequence of my truck as well as total
> production.
>
> As a loyal GM man for 30 years ,as well as my Dad retiring after 30 years,
I
> just switched to Daimler -Chrysler products buying an SRT-10.
>
> I t is a big thing as National Director of the Impala SS Club of America
for
> our members to know the production stats of our vehicles.Our relationship
to
> Chevrolet is strong in the club and I was hoping the same could be true
with
> the SRT-10 truck owners.
>
> Our forum for the SRT-10 is full of enthusiastic owners one of which has
> five SRT-10`s with two 2005`s on order!
>
> I hope you will reconsider and tell us how many were produced.
>
> Heck ,at least we bought a Dodge and not the Ford Lightning ...right?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave"Big Dog" Breiner a.k.a. Roktman
>
> Impala SS Club of America Region 8 Director (OH,IN,KY)
> Impala SS Club of America Sergeant at Arms
>

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well at least you got his attention..Roktham. The email address I gave was the response from what I thought was the production VP of Daimler-Chrysler in charge of production but whose ta know. He probably just past it off to his PR department. There is no question he knows we are upset and deserve an answer. Anyway, maybe we'll get some action..Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Been doing some digging on my end ,so hopefully one of us will get through.Just a simple question, as we see it, and it deserves a response, since it bases the rarity of the truck and can only enhance value. Hopefully the answer will come soon?!

·
Registered
189 Posts
even if DC made a bicycle, and said they didnt care how many sold, they would. ANY Car maker is going to want to know how many were produced, and how many were sold. hes full of crap

·
Registered
732 Posts
hey guys

I put a few of my viper club buddies to work on this after i saw this post

I have a few connections with a few PVO guys

i dont think i can get answers but we will see

I have a few customers that are DCX big shots that love to see my truck out side my store so lets hope

JAmie

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts