SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine just got back from England and of course he loves my truck but while he was there he spotted an SRT 10 driving down the street in London. He said that it went by pretty fast but he got a good look at it and he was sure that it was an SRT 10 with the 22" rims, spoiler, etc. He said the steering of course was on the left not the right. So there are a few overseas.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
So I guess he was driving one of those American wanker hotrods!!!! dam imports!!!!!!!!! :D :D :p

patrick

·
Registered
348 Posts
i know of several here in australia! :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So they are world wide

That's great to here there down under as well. I'll bet they catch a lot of attention down there as well. Any idea what they sell for down there.

·
Registered
348 Posts
well, consider yourself lucky in the states because down here they go for around AUD $120-130ish, but this depends on dollar, left to right hand conversion costs, import duties, transportation etc. - its one expensive truck!

in comparison a fully loaded grand cherokee goes for $70 odd grand.

·
Registered
35 Posts
.....wow..... :eek: thats A LOT of money, and I thought it was hard saving up here for one!

-Vin-

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big Bucks Kalani

Man that is a lot of money for a truck but what a truck ay? Do you have any idea how many are down there?
I can imagine everyone really loves them there, other then the gas to fill them. Well, it's great to hear from you and keep us up to date on your modes.
I live in Alberta and they run about $60,000 up here, plus tax. So your looking at $65000 which is enough. Keep in touch.

·
Registered
348 Posts
no worries mate!

well i believe there are 3 or 4 here. No one really knows what they are as we dont have dodge rams in australia. the only full size truck available to the australian public via a local dealer is the F250.

all rams and others are privatley imported and converted to right hand drive! :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It must be a little tricky switching the steering and pedals around to the other side. I know the one in London was still on the left side.
They must be an eye catching unit if theres only 4 or 5 around. Whats premium fuel worth down there?

·
Registered
348 Posts
it costs around 25,000-30,000 to convert the truck from left to right hand drive so thats one of the reasons they are so expensive. It takes about 4 months also - so think of the anticipation when your waiting for your vehicle to be converted after seeing it and not being able to drive it!

fuel down here is currently right on $1 per litre, im not sure what that equated to in gallons?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is about 4 litres in a US gallon so thats $4.00 / gal. ouch..Ya in Canada gas is $0.77 a litre for regular and $0.88 a litre for premium fuel so were not far off.
That turn around on the right hand control sounds pretty hairy for the owner to wait 2 to 3 months. The wait is well worth it and I'm sure they'll enjoy cruising through the country side. What are your speed limits and how are the cops on speeders? Big finds for speeding and do you have a demerit point system?
We're allowed 15 demerit points but the insurance starts going up 20% after 6 points. As if they don't make enough off us as it is.

·
Registered
348 Posts
456 said:
There is about 4 litres in a US gallon so thats $4.00 / gal. ouch..Ya in Canada gas is $0.77 a litre for regular and $0.88 a litre for premium fuel so were not far off.
That turn around on the right hand control sounds pretty hairy for the owner to wait 2 to 3 months. The wait is well worth it and I'm sure they'll enjoy cruising through the country side. What are your speed limits and how are the cops on speeders? Big finds for speeding and do you have a demerit point system?
We're allowed 15 demerit points but the insurance starts going up 20% after 6 points. As if they don't make enough off us as it is.

fuel isnt that bad down here then!
regular today was 95cents.

i waited 12 months for my viper to be converted! all that time just waiting to drive it! there would only be 15-20 in the country so thats the price you pay to have a special car.

my ram took 4.5 months to convert - its pretty special down here too. they are quite rare as well.

around cities our maximum speed limit is 110km/hr (68mph for those not in canada). In the Northern territory we have open speed limits but i live a good
4-5 day drive from there!

The police are very strict in australia on speeding. we have 12 demerit points to last 3 consecutive years. If you get caught doing 40kmh over the limit its an instant (no questons asked) 6 month disqulaification of liscence and 8 demerit points. if those points tip you over your 12 point allowance then you get another year instantly as well!!

Insurance is not based on demerit points whatsoever, luckily!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I think folks might be getting the money thing confused.

1 US dollar= 1.4 AUS dollars
So when Kalani says, "It's about 10,000", that's only about $6900 USD.

1 AUS dollar= .70 US dollars
And when I say, "It's about $10,000", Kalani freaks out because that's $14,500 AUS dollars. :)

For gas, "$1 AUS per litre" is probably about $2.80 USD/gallon.

For currency conversion, I use:
www.oanda.com
Free, handy, and keeps current.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No speed limits in the northern territories, well, I suppose you'll be heading up there sometime in the near future to make sure that truck does the label.
How are the roads up there? Lots of straight aways to get your foot into it? How about the roo's? I'd hate to hit a roo at 150 mph. it would be just about as bad as hitting a deer up here. SRT 10 don't like them, especially with that big plastic front end.
Are there a lot of car show and shines? It seems we have 1 or 2 of them every weekend, if you want to go. Its surprising how many old hemi's, 440 6pacs, and vintage vehicles are still around.

How about the drag strips and oval racing? We don't hear much about it from down there.
Thats another thing that is pretty popular here. Especially the NASCAR, Busch Grand Prix and Craftsman racing series, they get crowds of 100's of thousands and a hugh TV viewing audiences, maybe even there, which is great support because it's expensive to keep those unit rolling. Mind you they all have sponsors of some sort.
Got to run, talk to you soon.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The roads here are fantastic around the populated areas - very nice and well maintained - except for the outback were most of the roads are corrugated dirt!

And yes - you do have to watch for roos - my brother hit 2 last week - mashed the front end of his showcar!

We also have hundreds of show and shines - and motor racing is massive here! Most australians follow the V8 Supercars - holden and ford sedans like nascars but always around street tracks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's great to hear about the racing and all. I knew things were pretty upbeat down there and the auto industry hasn't forgotten about you. I think thats where GM is producing the new GTO from there.
The show and shines are always fun because you get a chance to talk to all the motor heads.(that includes you and me) Everyone seems to have different ideas on how to improve there performance or the looks of their machine.
This is a great forum to get ideas, get answers to Dodge problems, and check out the new equipment. Talk to ya later.

·
Registered
688 Posts
$1.00/l works out to about $4.00/g (here it's $2.08/g). You gotta be loving life even more than I am at 9.1mpg...

I'd almost trade my SRT-10 for that blown Mad Max car though :D Betcha it had fewer clutch problems!

·
Registered
447 Posts
"...last of the V-8's..."
:D

I'm sure the Aussie guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but the "PURSUIT" vehicles, as well as Max's black "INTERCEPTOR" (heh heh), were 1973 Ford XB GTs, built in Australia. It was either a 351C or 351W paired with a C-4 transmission, that gorgeous Weiand blower and custom 'bug catcher'.

Hey RamFromHell- A couple little presents for ya:
http://www.aussiecoupes.com/max.html
...and....
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/interceptor/history1.html

Damn. I just found out the blower was "all show; no go".
Bummer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts