1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you guys see it today ???

If not you need to check your televised times and make sure you catch
it tomorrow { Sunday 29th }

It was pretty cool, lots of tire smoke in that clip.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I saw it. Was great. The storyline was something like, "The truck isn't useful as a truck, can't haul, can't tow, but it didn't matter. If they had to explain it, you wouldn't understand." Sure got the fires burning for mine.

It is showing again tomorrow here. Going to tape it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Car and Driver is starting in 2mins eastcoast time that is. love for directv. On spike tv.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've just seen it Wow. Did you hear when he said It's Faster than a Lightning. He was try to refer it as a actual lightning but was like you know what I mean. Can anybody record it and post it here? It starts 11:30 p.m. west coast time on spike tv.

·
Registered
180 Posts
SRTEnvy said:
I saw it. Was great. The storyline was something like, "The truck isn't useful as a truck, can't haul, can't tow, but it didn't matter. If they had to explain it, you wouldn't understand."
Exactly!! Its a total fun factor, I think Brock Yates said it best, It's a hod rod, and hod rods by nature arn't practical. IMO if you can't understand that you don't belong in the disscussion.
Dosn't matter if it's an L or SRT Ram, MOST of us get them for FUN, We just have soft spots for differnt brands. Hell if I had the extra doe I'd get a SRT Ram just so I could have both ( Darn teenagers cost to much & they won't let you sell them) :D

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Just watched it. Wished they would've drilled it down the 1/4 mile just to see another set of #'s, but cool anyway. :cool:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Missed it both times, but it was cool to see the one that ran 154.587 ( for the top speed title ) at the SRT-4 Nationals. Pretty cool to see Brandon Gaughan's name , along with others, listed on the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It was cool to see the video shot where I watched them shoot it. I live in Austin and I just happen to be there the day they were shooting some of those takes. Here is one of the pics, and I have a few more on my site. I also have a couple mpegs too.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
MPRSteve said:
I have Car and Driver video if anyone would care to host it.
how can we get it, i have saved every piece of lit, book etc , since i am keeping this truck forever. i would love to have that tape/video.\!~ :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Black Beast said:
0-60 in 4.9 sec no 1/4mile time.
Here are the rest of the times per the Car and Driver website ....

ACCELERATION in Seconds
Zero to 30 mph 1.9
40 mph 2.6
50 mph 3.5
60 mph 4.9
70 mph 6.2
80 mph 8.2
90 mph 9.9
100 mph 11.9
110 mph 15.3
120 mph 18.4
130 mph 22.6
Street start, 5-60 mph 5.7
Top-gear acceleration, 30-50 mph 12.5
50-70 mph 12.3
Standing 1/4-mile 13.6 sec @ 105 mph
Top speed (drag limited) 153 mph

·
Registered
76 Posts
BOOMER said:
how can we get it, i have saved every piece of lit, book etc , since i am keeping this truck forever. i would love to have that tape/video.\!~ :D
Someone hosted the video in another thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts