SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I passed by my cousin's dyno and tuning shop here in Kuwait yesterday...As soon as I got there, I saw 2 silver Ford lightnings: one waiting for its turn on the dyno, and the other getting some minor mods... :rolleyes:

From the moment I pulled up to the store, everybody inside the store (almost 9 people) dropped what they were doing and came outside! This truck draws attention everywhere!!! :cool: Even the Ford owners were amazed at the truck :eek:

Now the thing I have to do is race one of those guys :D

Any of you guys had experience of spanking a Lightning? :p

·
Registered
122 Posts
As a former Lightning owner, it is a very nice truck. STock v. stock, slightly slower than the SRT, but it can be modded relatively inexpensively to get into the 12's. And of course, as an automatic, it is comparatively very easy to launch and does have fairly good traction. That being said, I now own an SRT and am EXTREMELY happy with the change. This is a GREAT truck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great story DarkSyde...

Now on another note, I'm thinking about getting the same exact mods that you have (MagnaFlow exhaust, remove cats, T'stat, filter), while dynoing the truck before the mods and after.... But first, I actually have to find a place to get those parts! I can order the MagnaFlow directly, but what about the other stuff? Any place you can highly recommend instead buying each part separately? :confused:

And with regards to removing the cats, did you get any check engine lights after doing so? And where exactly are the secondary cats located? :confused: I don't want to remove the wrong part :p

·
Registered
52 Posts
great info. i was wondering the same thing with those sec. cats.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent info DarkSyde!!! Thanks a lot! I'll be waiting for those pics of the secondary cats... Now with the setup you currently have, is the truck much louder than it is stock?

·
Registered
599 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Agree that traction is a real key. 13.2 for a stock Lightning is unusual; not impossible, just not common for a stock truck.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
There is no question they are fast. Too dam bad that lame Ford dropped the ball on em for the time being. I sure hope they come back with a badder Gen 3. It only gives all of us more choices and more importantly better choices!!

patrick

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
There is no question they are fast. Too dam bad that lame Ford dropped the ball on em for the time being. I sure hope they come back with a badder Gen 3. It only gives all of us more choices and more importantly better choices!!

patrick
Patrick,

I agree, the more competition the better the product. It's a win win situation.
There is no questioning the Lightnings past perfomance. If it wasn't for the Lightning we wouldn't be driving our SRT-10's.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You would think this would have stopped by now, but I guess not. Every time I race a SRT 10 I flat whoop him and I keep waiting at the track for all these board talkers to come out and run..........There are at least 70 Ls in the HALO club in Houston......come on down and take your pick...........Nothing against the SRT ,,,,nice truck, just not as fast as you think............

·
Registered
43 Posts
Darksyde, your on ........when??????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hmm...don't know if DarkSyde knows what he's gettng into.
Hopefully for his sake he has one of those TT numbers. That what it will take to stand a chance against Chill.

Common Ram SRT owners, Lets come back to reality. How much cash do you fellas have to dump into you trucks to compete w/ a slightly modded L?
Please....

Then again, it's your board. You fellas can talked all the crap you want to make yourselves feel better about you trucks. :rolleyes:

I'm game for a challenge to any stock Ram SRT-10 ram.
All I have on mine is pulleys and a tune. Roughly 1K in mods.
I will run consistant low 7.90's in the 1/8 mile.

Any takers to put this hype to rest????

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'll agree a 13.2 in a stock L is not common

The later L's (03-04) were rated at 380/450, however they are consistently faster than all previous years. They do have a different Block (Much Beefier and much more webbing than previous years). The stock tune seems to be a little more aggressive than previous years also.
Regardless if you have a stock L or Stock Srt-10.

Whoever has more traction is going to win, plain and simple.

(if there are any srt-10's in michigan I'd love to race one at the track this spring)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Thunder Bolt said:
Hmm...don't know if DarkSyde knows what he's gettng into.
Hopefully for his sake he has one of those TT numbers. That what it will take to stand a chance against Chill.

Common Ram SRT owners, Lets come back to reality. How much cash do you fellas have to dump into you trucks to compete w/ a slightly modded L?
Please....

Then again, it's your board. You fellas can talked all the crap you want to make yourselves feel better about you trucks. :rolleyes:

I'm game for a challenge to any stock Ram SRT-10 ram.
All I have on mine is pulleys and a tune. Roughly 1K in mods.
I will run consistant low 7.90's in the 1/8 mile.

Any takers to put this hype to rest????
You are right about DarkSyde and Chill. DarkSyde go to the NLOC board and see what Chill runs.

Now to the trash; you talking about the lightly moded L vs a stock SRT-10. The key here is modded. You boys have had many years to sort the L's out and many run very good. If you care to look (and I am sure you will) I am registered on th NLOC board as FSTJACK. I do not go there to trash talk. I go there for information.

The amount of money involved is not the point, unless you use money to keep score in this world. Money is just a tool like a set of tires or a pully. It's only meaning is what you choose give it. When I give it too much meaning it makes me miserable.

There are a few SRT's that are in the pipe that are going to be highly modded and I will make a prediction that some of them will run quicker and faster than any Gen 2 or 3 L's. This will happen in the next year. The nice thing about this is, the bar will get raised and the sport will benefit.

Ford has current issues with the new federal requirements for trucks. They do not have at the present time anything to sell in a performance truck.
That is a shame as the Gen 3's were a neat piece. I am sure Ford will come up with something in the future. They cannot let Dodge have bragging rights forever. Again competition is better and the sport becomes stronger. We are the ones that benefit. This is the greatest era in factory HOTRODS we have ever seen. You can buy a rocket right off the showroom.

I have a 4 door ranger that I just bought to haul parts for my SRT and I call it Thunderbolt. It has Roush mats that have Thunderbolt embroidered into the edges. I had to go 400 miles friday to Lancaster and back to pick some parts for the Dodge. It runs good and got 21.6 MPG on CA regular gas at 75-80. But the seat is outhouse bad. I need to get a seat/s in it to be more comfortable. So the point is, if your car crazy there is not any production vehicle made that does not need or cannot be improved.

Enjoy our board but please respect the fact that we like Dodges and some of us don't care how much they or the mods cost..........Jack

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
stock for stock I'll run anything, don't matter, but the thing is I hope you guys don't mind getting beat by a girl, because my wife will be driving, and she don't like to loose and rarely does. ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts