SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Craig's Venom Twin Turbo Ram SRT10 out tonite for a few test runs. We are still testing the truck on 7 psi boost. After making a few changes to the fuel syste, we dyno'd 580 rear wheel hp and 680 rear wheel tq, again on 7 psi boost.

The supercharged Viper is highly modified and runs about 700 rear wheel hp on boost. Its a 2001 RT10. The owner is a friend, but I wont use his name for now.

Run 1, from 2nd gear roll, he gets the jump at about 30 mph and we knew there was no way to catch him.

Run 2, from 3rd gear roll, again he takes a quick jump on us on the start and same result.

Run 3, he has beat us 2 in a row, so he gives us the move thinking he will quickly and easily catch us, pass us and beat us down. Wrong. From a 3rd gear roll at 3000 rpm we nail it and jump him, he immediatly nails it. We pull hard thru 3rd, then into 4th all the way to 6000 rpm. Final result was that we beat him by about a truck length.

Bottom line is that a 700 rw hp Viper is supposed to be faster than a 580 rw hp truck that weighs 2000 lbs more. And in some races this will be true. But on the open highway from a 3rd gear roll, the twin turbo powered Ram SRT10 prevailed.

All in all, it was a lot of fun. And to experience a Ram SRT10 truck that can run with and beat a highly modified Viper (under the right circumstances) is truly amazing.

Thanks again to our great customer, Craig Salmond, who has allowed us to build and test his SRT twin turbo so that our production systems can be the best that we can make them.

Also, we are at the Viper Owner's Invitational in Grapevine, TX right now. If you live in the DFW area and would like to see this amazing truck in person, we will be at the Texas Motor Speedway on Sunday afternoon (9/12). Please come check it out if you live in the area.

You may wonder why I get so excited about a big truck that can run with a very fast Viper. Well, we build some really fast Vipers - one of them has gone 8.93 in the 1/4 mile and a few of them have gone over 156 mph in the 1/4 mile. When we race our Vipers against other fast cars and other fast Vipers we are expected to win and we usually do. But having a 5300 lb truck, even with 500 hp, we are always going to be considered the underdog even againt a very fast sports car. So by adding our twin turbo system and going out and running with or beating down a fast sports car, this is a very satisfying feeling. Its almost as satisfying as going out and running a low 9 in the 1/4 mile in one of our Vipers.

Anyway, thanks for listening to this long post.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
That's Amazing John! Totally insane that a 2.5ton truck can run that hard! You gotta post some vid's!

And get us some solid ET's on a TT Ram!! ;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
John Hennessey said:
We took Craig's Venom Twin Turbo Ram SRT10 out tonite for a few test runs. We are still testing the truck on 7 psi boost. After making a few changes to the fuel syste, we dyno'd 580 rear wheel hp and 680 rear wheel tq, again on 7 psi boost.

The supercharged Viper is highly modified and runs about 700 rear wheel hp on boost. Its a 2001 RT10. The owner is a friend, but I wont use his name for now.

Run 1, from 2nd gear roll, he gets the jump at about 30 mph and we knew there was no way to catch him.

Run 2, from 3rd gear roll, again he takes a quick jump on us on the start and same result.

Run 3, he has beat us 2 in a row, so he gives us the move thinking he will quickly and easily catch us, pass us and beat us down. Wrong. From a 3rd gear roll at 3000 rpm we nail it and jump him, he immediatly nails it. We pull hard thru 3rd, then into 4th all the way to 6000 rpm. Final result was that we beat him by about a truck length.

Bottom line is that a 700 rw hp Viper is supposed to be faster than a 580 rw hp truck that weighs 2000 lbs more. And in some races this will be true. But on the open highway from a 3rd gear roll, the twin turbo powered Ram SRT10 prevailed.

All in all, it was a lot of fun. And to experience a Ram SRT10 truck that can run with and beat a highly modified Viper (under the right circumstances) is truly amazing.

Thanks again to our great customer, Craig Salmond, who has allowed us to build and test his SRT twin turbo so that our production systems can be the best that we can make them.

Also, we are at the Viper Owner's Invitational in Grapevine, TX right now. If you live in the DFW area and would like to see this amazing truck in person, we will be at the Texas Motor Speedway on Sunday afternoon (9/12). Please come check it out if you live in the area.

You may wonder why I get so excited about a big truck that can run with a very fast Viper. Well, we build some really fast Vipers - one of them has gone 8.93 in the 1/4 mile and a few of them have gone over 156 mph in the 1/4 mile. When we race our Vipers against other fast cars and other fast Vipers we are expected to win and we usually do. But having a 5300 lb truck, even with 500 hp, we are always going to be considered the underdog even againt a very fast sports car. So by adding our twin turbo system and going out and running with or beating down a fast sports car, this is a very satisfying feeling. Its almost as satisfying as going out and running a low 9 in the 1/4 mile in one of our Vipers.

Anyway, thanks for listening to this long post.

Awsome John, great post. Craig you be the man now when it comes to the SRT-10 Ram. John what is the 1/4 mile time on the twin turbo ram ??

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, this truck is really a lot of fun.

Have not been to the track yet, been waiting for the air to cool down in Texas.

Here are a couple of more kills:

Driving the truck from Dallas back to Houston, one of my guys came across a new AMG E55 Mercedes. From 70-120 mph, beat it down by many car lengths. Ran again, same result, so the E55 guy slows down to see what kind of truck beat him down. He looks at the side of the truck and sees "Venom Twin Turbo" underneath Ram SRT10. He gives a thumbs up and he and my employee cruise the rest of the way running 80-110 mph.

Then just outside of Houston a new C6 Vette pulls up and wants to play. The E55 guy is cool and pulls over to let the C6 line up against the TT Ram. From 70-120 the C6 loses by 10 car lengths or more.

The entire drive from Dallas to Houston was a little over 270 miles. The TT Ram got 18.3 mpg on 93 octane pump gas while cruising at 80-110 all the way back. This fuel economy includes the roll on races.

Out of all the fun cars I get to drive on a very regular basis, this one has to be the most fun. Its not the fastest, but given what it is - a 5300 lb truck - it is fun to give another fast car a whipping on the street. I am still laughing from running the SC Viper from a few nites ago.

·
Registered
732 Posts
thats what this truck is all about

now only if DCX would do that from the factory thats what i want

DCX ARE YOU LISTENING!?!?!?!

JD

fan of a factory warranty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts