SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced all components of the rear brakes. WOW$$$$$$$. The problem is the right rear caliper seems to be hanging up and it initialy overheated the components on that side on the first drive. It squeaks as it rotates at low speed now. The brakes are hard and work great, but that right rear still is very warm to the touch. Any help solving this would be great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you rebuild the calipers with new pistons, seals and dust boots? If you did, then I'd pull the caliper and make sure you can compress both pistons. Hopefully, you rebuilt both rear calipers. If the caliper is fine, then I'd look at the parking brake pad being stuck and making contact. I had to rebuild all 4 of my calipers, but 1000 miles later, they're cont. to work great.
-jack

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rotors, calipers, pads, park brake assemblies, e-brake cables all new. E-brakes are free, no dragging. Wheels turn freely when on jack stands in neutral. The brake squeaks only moving forward but not in reverse. I'm perplexed! Wheel bearing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it was the bearing, besides being noisier the faster the wheel spins, it would be warm at the center of the hub. You're describing only the right rear caliper being very warm, so one or both of those pistons in that caliper are remaining under pressure after you're releasing the brake pedal -- you have to remove that caliper when it's that warm, and see if you can push the pistons back in. If you can't (which I'd guess would be the case), the brake line branching off to that caliper has to be closely inspected plus everything within that caliper. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts