SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
STS is about 10 miles from my house. My friend had his WS6 turboed there and picked up a full second in the 1/4 mile with very minimal boost on a stock engine. That's a lot up here at 4,500 ft. above sea level. I took my truck over there about four weeks ago to talk about possibilities. The whole shop had to come out and look the truck over. They were drooling over the idea of turbocharging an SRT-10. However, we got sidetracked with the idea of twin turbos on my Belvedere. They said they should be able to mount the turbos right off of each header. I think we can bring the intake tubing around by the radiator and use one of those ram air boxes so it looks naturally aspirated. I want to try and keep as much of a vintage look as possible. The weather has been too nasty for me to drive the Belvedere over to their shop. As soon as it dries up (forecast dry for next week) I'm heading over there to discuss designs and pricing. I'll get an estimate on doing the SRT-10 as well and let you know.

I asked John Hennessey what he thought about STS in another thread but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks for posting that link. I knew the article was out there but hadn't read it yet.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
That is very interesting reading. I always had heard that the still expanding gasses just exiting the engine helped eliminate turbo lag. I don't know if I buy it all but the dyno for the hemi sure looked pretty interesting.

Seems like I may just have to find a cheap Hemi beater down the road to experiment on! - too bad I just sold my 03 Hemi. I figure in about 6 months to a year when the Hemis start coming off lease you can scoop one on the cheap and with a couple mods had a mean monster..

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Sitedrifter said:
These guys are excellent and have stuff for the HEMI, which in my opinion makes them a good company :D (at least for supporting the HEMI and it does needs support)

http://www.ststurbo.com/

Site
it is a great product. it is positive dispalcement for the most part & so there really isnt any lag with it compared to a regular mounted turbo. at least with his you get the benefit of a cooler running turbo & the intake has a chance to cool as well. it is one of those ideas you wonder why someone didnt think of it sooner. this is a kit i would buy for sure!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
?

BOOMER said:
it is a great product. it is positive dispalcement for the most part & so there really isnt any lag with it compared to a regular mounted turbo. at least with his you get the benefit of a cooler running turbo & the intake has a chance to cool as well. it is one of those ideas you wonder why someone didnt think of it sooner. this is a kit i would buy for sure!
Boomer,
I don't understand how the STS is a positive displacement unit. My uderstanding is that it is a centrifical unit. As with all turbos and centrifical blowers ie; Paxton, Vortex, Procharger etc. Could you explain this or tell me where I can get an explination........Jack

·
Registered
150 Posts
I read as well that they have a methanol aspiration chamber that injects methanol into the air stream to absorb the heat from the compressed air, higher density air and of course increases fuel input.
Do they only come in one size or are there different outputs? Again that would depend on the volume of exhaust to drive it but if they have a bigger exhaust volume then they should be able to drive more air, right? It almost sounds to good to be true.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts