SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone else installed the Mopar Rear Wheel Well Liners? I am going to take some pics today and get them loaded for your viewing pleasure.

In my opinion, they make the truck look "finished". You don't see down the front of the bed or the the frame behind the wheels. Installed, they were roughly $100 for the set.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
TommyLee said:
Has anyone else installed the Mopar Rear Wheel Well Liners? I am going to take some pics today and get them loaded for your viewing pleasure.

In my opinion, they make the truck look "finished". You don't see down the front of the bed or the the frame behind the wheels. Installed, they were roughly $100 for the set.
Did they fit? I thought I read on here that they didn't fit the SRT-10?

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Here is a picture of the liners on my HEMI
You will see the frame is different as the 1500 frame has insets/indentations that the liners sit on as well as factory drilled holes in the frame the liner bolts to

If you have them on the SRT-10, post pictures with close ups becuase I want to see how you did it because I will do it also

Mark

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing that had to be done to make them work on my SRT-10 was to use longer screws on the portion of the quarter panel with the body cladding. Other than that, they went on without a hitch.

I will get pics up later today or tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Sitedrifter said:
Do you have a regular cab or quad?

Mark
Good Question! I still think of the SRT-10 as a Reg. Cab! :D

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I asked this becuase I have a feeling the quad is built on the 1500 frame not the 2500 like the reg cab. This is just a feeling with no evidence.

Milo, working on that exhaust today?

Mark

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for not specifying, but I have a Quad Cab. They do work on a Reg Cab SRT-10(as well as 2500 and 3500 Single Rear Wheel trucks), as I have seen it done.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I had the liners on my 04 4x4 Rumblebee, I forgot to take them off when I traded it in. I liked them on the 4x4 because there is more exposed, it makes it look much cleaner. But on the 2wd, with 22's you do not see much. Plus most people are lowering theirs, so you will never see them. As far as 1500-2500 fram issue, I personally do not see a diff. and I have seen no confirmation of this. I did look however, at the wells in the SRT-10 and I see the same drilled holes that were in my Rumblebee. These holes accept the liners. The only diff I see, as Tommy Lee said, is the body panels.
P.S. Are'nt these trucks heavy enough!! The liners only add weight!!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
TommyLee said:
Sorry for not specifying, but I have a Quad Cab. They do work on a Reg Cab SRT-10(as well as 2500 and 3500 Single Rear Wheel trucks), as I have seen it done.
They do work, only you have to trim one of them a little bit. I believe it was the left side. It's easy to hold in place, make a mark and trim. I watched the dealer put a set on a black 04. :)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Sitedrifter said:
I asked this becuase I have a feeling the quad is built on the 1500 frame not the 2500 like the reg cab. This is just a feeling with no evidence.

Milo, working on that exhaust today?

Mark

All done Buddy! And it sounds Sweeeet! :D

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
i was at a buddies house today and compared his 4x4 HEMI Ram frame to mine. Identical as far as I can tell. I think I will try the liners but I hope the tires don't rub

Mark

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
That looks neat, literally. I like it, next mod! Did you have to trim?

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
How close are the tires to the liners?

I checked 2 places to order and they state not for SRT-10

I wonder if that is because of tire clearance?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The tire clearance is very close. I did not trim anywhere, but the drivers side did rub just a little bit, but not bad. The passenger side has yet to rub. The only mod I had to do was get longer screws for the bottom hole on each side of the tire, due to the body cladding.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts