SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had read somewhere :confused: out here that the Mopar rear wheel well liners won't fit the SRT? Please verify.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Hey Jack

I can verify that they do not. I had them on my 04 HEMi Ram and was going to pull them for the SRT-10 before the trade in , BUT....

The SRT-10 uses the 2500 frame which is not formed for use with the liners. The liners have molded areas the fit right into the 1500 frame where you then install the srews (into pre-threaded holes in the frame).

I wish we could do it but not with the 1500 liners.

Site :cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Site !

·
Registered
974 Posts
Derek said:
What are the rear fender liners for?
Yeah what he said. Also why would we want them? Any pics?

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Titan said:
Yeah what he said. Also why would we want them? Any pics?
The do look real nice but you will see where the molded area is and the 1500 ram frame has those area in the frame for the molded part to drop right in and even has factory screw holes

below is the pitcure from my 2004 1500 HEMI Ram

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
VERY lucky. Before ya'll start calling BS on the HP nums (I got a couple PMs). Those were BENCH dyno numbers *not chassis* when we broke it in on the dyno and then did 3 WOT runs.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
womsterr said:
VERY lucky. Before ya'll start calling BS on the HP nums (I got a couple PMs). Those were BENCH dyno numbers *not chassis* when we broke it in on the dyno and then did 3 WOT runs.
Wormsterr,

What is a Arrow built Motor. Can you elaborate on it for us??

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I'll answer your question, but only if you leave the "R" out of my nick ;)

Arrow Racing handles all the factory rebuilds for Dodge and PVO. Additionally I beleive they make the motors for the Competition Coupe. They are hand built by GREAT performance builders as opposed to an assembly line in Mexico.

I was able to do a *little" tweaking when they put mine back together.

I beleive most of the Viper guys feel Arrow motors are a pretty desirable thing.

9 Seconds is the Viper guy. He probably has more years of knowledge with them. I couldn't be any more pleased with them. They did a great job. This motor is still under the factory and extended 7/70 warranty too!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Sitedrifter said:
Hey Jack

I can verify that they do not. I had them on my 04 HEMi Ram and was going to pull them for the SRT-10 before the trade in , BUT....

I wish we could do it but not with the 1500 liners.
You are correct in that they don't fit! However with the rear wheels off you can hold them in place and mark that will allow you to trim to fit. One of the liners will fit without trimming. I watched it done on one up here. I am doing mine this summer.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
womsterr said:
They are hand built by GREAT performance builders as opposed to an assembly line in Mexico.
The Viper/SRT Ram engines are built in the USA by Dodge and shipped to Mexico. As stated, Arrow rebuilds, even under warranty, come back stronger than when new.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts