SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering about the effect on performance of removing the wing from a 2005 Ram SRT-10.

I understand that at high speeds it may increase downforce, but for relatively "reasonable" driving, does it really make any noticeable difference?

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I don't have a wing on mine partly because it makes the truck useless if you use it as a truck and partly because it wasn't on there when I bought. But I do have one in a box. I were a smart guy I'd invent a quick release type fastner setup and some where to store it in the bed so it was easy to remove and install. But even without the wing and bed of rock it felt a little light at "unreasonable" speed, god i love this truck!!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I don't have a wing on mine partly because it makes the truck useless if you use it as a truck and partly because it wasn't on there when I bought. But I do have one in a box. I were a smart guy I'd invent a quick release type fastner setup and some where to store it in the bed so it was easy to remove and install. But even without the wing and bed of rock it felt a little light at "unreasonable" speed, god i love this truck!!
I use my truck as a truck more than the next guy and it literally takes 2 minutes or less to remove the wing (depending on if I take a beer with me to remove it). The quick release set up has been discussed before without anyone ever making progress, however one thing to consider is that it will be quick for you to remove, and quick for thieves to remove. ;)

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
On a truck with no hitch, I wouldn't say anything using your truck as truck more than anyone. If you are worried about someone theiving your wing buy the tonneau cover... Problem solved!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
On a truck with no hitch, I wouldn't say anything using your truck as truck more than anyone. If you are worried about someone theiving your wing buy the tonneau cover... Problem solved!
LOL!! Truck without a hitch......

Apparently you haven't seen my truck towing cars down the highway at 80mph.

I challenge you to find an SRT-10 that has done more work than mine. Take your time, I'll wait.

I'm not worried about anybody thieving my wing, but I'd say yours would be gone pretty quick when you put your quick release kit on it.

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
I challenge you to find an SRT-10 that has done more work than mine. Take your time, I'll wait.
i know a guy:chairshot

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
I know a guy too

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
jack brownell,
Didn't mean to get in a pissing contest with a nitwit on your thread, but to fully answer your question... You will not have any handling or performance loss at normal operating conditions. Because most of us aren't NASCAR drivers on a closed course trying to set the fastest time in 2004 in a 10. But I do agree that the wing really makes the trucks look much cooler!! =)
And Oh yeah I know 2 guys lol

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
i know a guy:chairshot
pics or it didn't happen

I know a guy too
^^^see above post

jack brownell,
Didn't mean to get in a pissing contest with a nitwit on your thread, but to fully answer your question... You will not have any handling or performance loss at normal operating conditions. Because most of us aren't NASCAR drivers on a closed course trying to set the fastest time in 2004 in a 10. But I do agree that the wing really makes the trucks look much cooler!! =)
And Oh yeah I know 2 guys lol
nitwit= guy who has owned 2 of these trucks and will know more about them then you can even dream of. :D

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
HAHA holy crap 2!!!! If owning 2 of the same thing makes you the leading authority on anything then I guess our standards must have really fell off. It takes more than adding bolt-ons, removing excess wieght and having others do your work before you can talk about knowledge! Just saying....

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
wait... back to earlier...

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
i also own two 10's so i am in the upper echelon of leading authorities...

these trucks look like sh!t without a wing, stewart... WADR:D

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
i also own two 10's so i am in the upper echelon of leading authorities...

these trucks look like sh!t without a wing, stewart... WADR:D
Stewart is now an inter-forum name?? Awesome!!!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
HAHA holy crap 2!!!! If owning 2 of the same thing makes you the leading authority on anything then I guess our standards must have really fell off. It takes more than adding bolt-ons, removing excess wieght and having others do your work before you can talk about knowledge! Just saying....
We can discuss the work I've performed on handfuls of others if you'd like. Do us a favor and don't get too butthurt.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Jesus your still on about this? I quit caring a week ago, but if this makes you feel like a big boy, Congrats! You're still an idiot for making a huge deal out of nothing.

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
quit caring so much that you responded again?:moon:

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Now the boyfriend is chiming in? If you don't want your butt hurt... use lube!

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
get new material or GTFO, stewart...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts