SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go I think Milo wanted to see the center caps I painted, I taped off the ram head sprayed with auto motive red close to calipers. Put a little dot of black for eyes, then sprayed with auto clear. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
stinker

Looks great. I was thinking about painting mine yellow (calipers will get yellow also one day). I heard there is a spray paint that gives an anodized effect.. I do not knwo who makes it but I think it is one of the big boys like DupliColor or PlastiKote

Mark

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Thanks, Stinker. It is amazing what a small change will do. I like it. I think I will go with the red. Mark, I would think yellow for your wheels and calipers would be awesome! :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
isn't it amazing how small the rotors look inside the wheels? I freak people out when i tell them the rotor is the same diameter of their rim on their car ;^D

Mark

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
That's cool looking....nice touch.

patrick

·
Registered
211 Posts
did you have to rough the painting surface with any kind of sand paper before you sprayed the paint? I am worried that if I attempt this that the paint will chip off. I learned this from a prior bad experience on painting vehicles.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Red Head

looks good. who'd have thought? eh? :)

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just took some 600 and lightly scuffed, they are cleared allready so you don't have to worry, then painstakenly tape the head off spray, then clear, have fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts