SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled into a gas station yesterday and saw a new red srt10 owner on Maui. He literally just had the gibson catback installed on his truck. The finish looked the same as stock and the magnaflow, although it stuck out from the bumper way more. When he fired it up, it had the blappy sound, sorta like the stock system. He did say with some gas it sound more beefy. He had it installed by a local offroad place and cost him a lot. ie they charge a lot.

I must say seeing a red one up close, that red paint is really RED!!!! It was gorgeous. DC really did a good job only using the three colors, all of them are really striking! I tried to get him to go to the track on Sat. but he said he was gonna be out of town......bummer that would be a cool sight...red and black beasts on the line!!!! :D

patrick

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hey Patrick, did you let him know about or site? Those red ones do look awesome!! He is probably scared to race you though, I mean everyone knows that black will take red any day of the week!! LOL

·
Registered
301 Posts
HDVIPER said:
Hey Patrick, did you let him know about or site? Those red ones do look awesome!! He is probably scared to race you though, I mean everyone knows that black will take red any day of the week!! LOL

Can't we just all get along? Red Rules!!!!! :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
yeah, i havent heard all that much positive feedback on the gibson system. does anyone know when the corsa system is going to be available?
btw, red is definitly one sick color :cool: ..fast too ;)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
Pulled into a gas station yesterday and saw a new red srt10 owner on Maui.

Imagine that....meeting at a gas station of all places ! :D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
*LMAO* I too have had Gibson in the past i was not happy at all, way too much drone in the cab at highway speeds! :(

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just purchased my SRT10 RC last week (red of course) and from this site I see that just about everybody is running Magnaflow cat back. Is this the best? I have the bug to buy a cat back but want to make sure I purchase the best for the money. My only concern is that I don't want any droning resonance in the cab. I have a 69 Camaro with Flowmaster that at 2000 RPM you can't even hear yourself think from the droning noise all the rattling going on, granted this is a 36 year old car. What is the best? Oh BTW red rules, just keep that radar detector turned on.

·
Banned
582 Posts
I absolutely love the magnaflow,quality piece, sounds GREAT not to loud at cruise, but when you stomp on it YOU WILL BE NOTICED! :D ps easy install do it yourself, don't even need to put it up on stands!

·
Registered
211 Posts
thanks, that's what I'm looking for, big noise on the take offs and not too much noise inside the truck.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
The thing about this system is YOU have the power to change the sound inside the cab.....by not hanging around the 1800rpm mark! Unlike a auto/trans that you can't change the gears so easy. :mad: The Truck gives you away to stay away from that drone sound! All you have to do is switch gears! :rolleyes: I usually up/shift, 2000rpm or betterrrrr :eek:

:cool:
Quick

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks Quicksilver, it didnt' occur to me (too many brain cells destroyed with beer) that with the manual transmission you can easily adjust the noise level with shifting. I haven't even got to drive mine yet, won't be home until July. People better watch out when I hit the streets on the 4th of July. Hope to have all mods completed by then.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Ditto Droopy!

Droopy said:
Can't we just all get along? Red Rules!!!!! :D
Wed Woolez, you siwee wabbit!

Elmer Fudd :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
Curious Stranger

mauiSRT/10 said:
Pulled into a gas station yesterday and saw a new red srt10 owner on Maui. He literally just had the gibson catback installed on his truck. The finish looked the same as stock and the magnaflow, although it stuck out from the bumper way more. When he fired it up, it had the blappy sound, sorta like the stock system. He did say with some gas it sound more beefy. He had it installed by a local offroad place and cost him a lot. ie they charge a lot.

I must say seeing a red one up close, that red paint is really RED!!!! It was gorgeous. DC really did a good job only using the three colors, all of them are really striking! I tried to get him to go to the track on Sat. but he said he was gonna be out of town......bummer that would be a cool sight...red and black beasts on the line!!!! :D

patrick
Hey Patrick,
The wife and I went grocery shopping last weekend in the SRT...(we have gotten really good at packing the groceries in the cab, can't put groceries in the bed) cuz the color REd is waaay too fast, things will fly out.
Anyway, I was pulling into the parking lot, took up two spaces as usual; but while I was on the street, I noticed a guy pass by me ( on coming traffic)...he must have gone thru a lot of hassle, going thru a busy intersection, executing a u-turn and eventually pulled up across from me in the parking lot. He walked over cautiously ---I could see the excitement in his eyes, I could feel he was a little apprehensive cuz he didn't want to bother me, but he asked "Is that one of those 500 horse power Rams?" I said, Yep.
Then he asked if I mind popping the hood? I said, no problem, check it out.
So while my wife was waiting I opened the hood and he just about melted onto the pavement! Then he went around the back, got on his knees and was amazed seeing the center shock in the back, the cover plate on the rear end, the suspension and the size of the wheels and tires!
His eyes was all over this Red truck!
He thanked me after asking all kinds of questions...I spent an extra 15 minutes or so at the grocery store.
I told my wife, this is what happens when people see the fastest color on the road...I mean, isn't it true that more vehicles colored Red get the 'mostest tikets'? So there is the evidence...Stranger recognizing the fastest color by asking if I have a 500hp truck.
And then, and then----- ....pfffffffffft flash-rumble--whooooosh we were gone!
Are we having fun? We always have fun especially in the SRT-10!
Dallas :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts