SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, there is no real cool way to explain the fact that I just plain F****D up one of my rims on a curb. Damnit!!! I keep kicking myself everytime I think about it. Anyways, I have looked into repairing it since the dealer wants $1050.00 for one and obviously they are on back order. I did some research and found a company that said they could do it until I took the truck in where he told me it is anodized and he couldn't do it. But he said he had some good news, apparently there is a shop that will do it and he gave me the name and number. Well, I called them and found out they don't do anodized rims, #1 and if they did, they could only do a 20" rim. So I am apparently real screwed!! If there is anybody out there that could help I would certainly appreciate it!!! Thanks in advance guys!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
**** happens, I know this first hand. I recently backed in to my buddy's cable box and gouged the hell out of the rear driver side ground effect. So I know how you feel. I have a new part ordered and it too is on back order. I don't even know how much it costs, I'm guessing 500. Have you considered sanding it down so it is smooth, rather than being all scuffed? Try sanding with a high grit and work your way to a fine grit, that should help a little any way.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
HDVIPER said:
Well guys, there is no real cool way to explain the fact that I just plain F****D up one of my rims on a curb. Damnit!!! I keep kicking myself everytime I think about it. Anyways, I have looked into repairing it since the dealer wants $1050.00 for one and obviously they are on back order. I did some research and found a company that said they could do it until I took the truck in where he told me it is anodized and he couldn't do it. But he said he had some good news, apparently there is a shop that will do it and he gave me the name and number. Well, I called them and found out they don't do anodized rims, #1 and if they did, they could only do a 20" rim. So I am apparently real screwed!! If there is anybody out there that could help I would certainly appreciate it!!! Thanks in advance guys!!
Check this link on Ebay as they seem to have rims. I have purchased from this company before and they are straight up and helpful. I have delt with Art.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7917517195&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jimmyg79 said:
**** happens, I know this first hand. I recently backed in to my buddy's cable box and gouged the hell out of the rear driver side ground effect. So I know how you feel. I have a new part ordered and it too is on back order. I don't even know how much it costs, I'm guessing 500. Have you considered sanding it down so it is smooth, rather than being all scuffed? Try sanding with a high grit and work your way to a fine grit, that should help a little any way.
Hey jimmy thanks for the suggestion. I have not tried it yet, but I will, probably this weekend. Thanks again, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
My friend's rim cracked on his chevy colorado. Try to just tell dodge to give you a new one, maybe they will. Just be like "I payed nearly 50k, and my rim cracks over a curb?! What if I was driving down a dangerous road and they broke one me?! Or something of the sort. Worth a try.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
fstjack said:
Check this link on Ebay as they seem to have rims. I have purchased from this company before and they are straight up and helpful. I have delt with Art.
Thanks alot fstjack, I called Art this afternoon, totally cool guy. It looks like he can save me at least 300+! Dude, you guys are the reason I am on this site. Thanks man!!!!

9 Seconds, I will be calling that guy tomorrow. Thank you so much dude! I wish I had as much knowledge as all of you! You guys are truely the ****!!! :)

Thanks again,
Mike

P.S. COILED, you are the man, I really, really appreciate your offer. I don't want to ruin any of your plans though!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts