SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What polish do you guys recommend for the 22"s ?

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
None, as I thought the '04 rims were clear coated.
Somebody make my day and tell me I'm correct.

Don't know 'bout the 05's?? :confused:

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
JACnBOX said:
What polish do you guys recommend for the 22"s ?
Just go to walmart and get the longish brush with the soft bristles in the automotive dept. I have one and keep the rims clean with just the carwash soap after I wash the truck. No need for polish. The brush also fits between the calipers just right and cleans them up too!

Mine look coated but its hard to tell. They sure look great after a washing, but I gotta dry em or I get these white ish water spots. Then I spray a little tire cleaner on the rubber which gives it that nice wet look. The truck never looks clean(finished) without the wheels shining. imop!!

patrick

·
Registered
139 Posts
I clean my rims every other day. They always get break dust on them. I use car wash soap when I wash my car also, but in-between washes just use a wet paper towel. That works fine.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Pretty sure al wheels, even the polished ones are clear coated. I saw orange peel when looking at my polished 22's at a sharp angle. I cleaned them, waxed them (with a slicone wax to handle heat) and clean them with Megiuars Quick Detailer between washes.

Site :cool:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Sitedrifter said:
...and clean them with Megiuars Quick Detailer between washes.
Mequiars Detailer is the best for paint and wheels! I use it with those micor-fiber towels. Costco has a 10 pack for around $8.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Is it just me or does that stuff smell good too :D

I use Meguiars to celan even the plastic interior.

Tried the Mothers brand and not as good (maybe cause it has no smell)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Sitedrifter said:
Is it just me or does that stuff smell good too :D
You know, women go to an awful lot of trouble with different perfumes trying to impress men. If they were smart they'd dab a little Meguiars behind their ears..or WD40...or 115 octane race gas. Can you imagine something like "Tire Smoke" by Calvin Klein? "Ahh, the smell of it." I know it would drive me crazy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts