SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We guys i just made my 1st long trip in the SRT 10 and all i can say is WOW

I went from Michigan to PA (almost to NJ) (about 1150 miles) and i can say the truck only gets better on the e way

on the way home 580+ miles I got 16.5 miles per gallon and wil the big gas thank only really filled up once (i would fill up at 1/2 when i stopped to stretch just so the bill was not too high)

The whole way out there people were honking and pointing and stuff it was great

an Ohio state police actually gave me the thumbs up on the turnpike to break the speed limit a bit (I was getting back on the turn pike after stopping for lunch and as i merged on he was in the left lane so i backed off he pointed laughed and motioned to go then he punched it wanting me to follow we got to about 100 and i backed off just in case it was a trap. We crused at 80-85 for like 25 minutes before he waved and turned in to the median It was kinda neat)

Every tool booth people were asking about the truck wasy cool trip

Now i have to clean the damn bugs off oh well

Jamie

·
Registered
26 Posts
Took mine from Atlanta to Charleston, SC, then to Orlando and back. It was smooth sailing for me the entire way. I cruised on 95 in Florida close to 100mph for awhile. As far as gas mileage, I averaged about the same as you. Seams that my ’02 extended cab, 4X4 360cid did worse. We won’t talk about the bugs, but I did buy some of the Turtle Wax bug remover. It works great.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Rolex Dr. said:
I went from Michigan to PA (almost to NJ) (about 1150 miles) and i can say the truck only gets better on the e way

Jamie
PA??? Hell, you should've stopped by. I would've let you fill up my gas tank too! ;) :D

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on the way out I did think HMMM wonder if any owners are near Lancaster area

but since my buddy has old dial up i was not about to check

it was a great trip and will tru to get back out there in august

JD

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts